(Archived) Does Evernote widget work on Transformer prime with ICS?

dernwine

Trying to track down what I'm doing wrong....

Transformer Prime with ICS installed:

I have Evernote for Android installed, and have downloaded & installed the widget.

Pressing on the "Widgets" tab under the "APPS" page shows other widgets available

but not the Evernote widget.

Going into "Settings" and then "Apps" does show that Evernote Widget is installed.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

TIA!

• Level 5*

[OT] How is ICS? I am very curious about the Prime, but am holding off on thinking seriously about any Android stuff until the iPad 3 comes out. Still, the Prime is by far the coolest product on the market today. Sure hope it works well with Evernote :P

I had bought the iPad 2 when it came out. I realized that it lacked Flash but thought I could deal with it becasue the machine was just so damn nice. Turns out not having Flash drove me bonkers and I sold it and waited till the Prime came out to satisfy my tablet needs.

The quad-core is amazing - very nice tactile response & very fluid with the limited games available for it. I use mine for half work/half play and since I got mine at $449.00 at Microcenter here in the Twin Cities I'm pretty happy camper. Just trying to figure out all the little ICS quirks.

• Level 5*

I had bought the iPad 2 when it came out. I realized that it lacked Flash but thought I could deal with it becasue the machine was just so damn nice. Turns out not having Flash drove me bonkers and I sold it and waited till the Prime came out to satisfy my tablet needs.

The quad-core is amazing - very nice tactile response & very fluid with the limited games available for it. I use mine for half work/half play and since I got mine at $449.00 at Microcenter here in the Twin Cities I'm pretty happy camper. Just trying to figure out all the little ICS quirks.

great to hear that it is so fluid. that was one of my big concerns. i mainly use my ipad 2 as an e-reader, so i am wondering how it does with pdfs. my biggest complaint about the ipad 2 is that it takes so long to render them.

I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS on it; the evernote widgets show up fine as options to install. I don't have room for the "big" 4x2 one, but the 4x1 version installed with no issues. So I don't think it's the OS that's the OP's issue.

And for Grumpy; I've had an Android phone of one sort or another for over 2 years. Being a full time developer (of over 25 years now...), I much prefer Android since I can mold it to what I want. If you're not the hacker/play with type, then I can see where Android's offerings may not have as much allure.

• Level 5*

And for Grumpy; I've had an Android phone of one sort or another for over 2 years. Being a full time developer (of over 25 years now...), I much prefer Android since I can mold it to what I want. If you're not the hacker/play with type, then I can see where Android's offerings may not have as much allure.

Thanks. I actually enjoy hacking/playing around with my gadgets, and that is probably why I remain Android curious, but I also just want things to work. I got so frustrated with my Android phone, the lack of updates (stuck on Froyo), and other minor issues. My wife's Honeycomb Droid X is nicer, but still buggy at times. The iPhone/iPad combination I have now seems to cause less stress and consume less of my time. I wouldn't call myself an Apple fanboy (my wife would), because I am really more interested in getting stuff done, and don't especially care if I have a fruit or robot logo.

[OT] One of the reasons I don't use Windows is quite simply that it lacks an easy way to put macrons above vowels (ā, ī, ū, ē, ō) in every application. LOL. I spent over a thousand dollars extra (above and beyond my wonderful little netbook) just to get OSX and the silly macrons. The iPad also has them (on the virtual and bluetooth keyboard if you use the "Extended English" keyboard input). I could never figure it out on Android (if it exists).

• Level 5*

On the Kindle Fire, at least, it seems to be pretty easy to add macrons (and other extended characters). If you press and hold a key down, you are presented with a list of variations with macrons (if they exist, they do for most vowels). I don't know whether this works on other Android screen keyboards, but it's handy and so worth a try. Found it in a post in the Mobile Read forums: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1934698&postcount=372

• Level 5*

On the Kindle Fire, at least, it seems to be pretty easy to add macrons (and other extended characters). If you press and hold a key down, you are presented with a list of variations with macrons (if they exist, they do for most vowels). I don't know whether this works on other Android screen keyboards, but it's handy and so worth a try. Found it in a post in the Mobile Read forums: http://www.mobilerea...8&postcount=372

Thanks for that! Maybe it was because I had Froyo. Or, maybe it was because I was just doing something wrong with that phone of mine. Good to know! It seems to work the same as it does on the iPad then.

Archived