(Archived) Voice Note Crashing iPhone

Big bummer - can't seem to record a voice note anymore (update to the latest earlier this week).

Worked great after the update - no problems. Now when I go to hit Record - the button signals a press but then the program just hangs - only way to restore iPhone functionality is to hold down the power button up top. Screen returns to home screen.

Regular notes seem to be working fine.

This is working ok on our phones here. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling our app. In general, a lot of iPhone apps see crashing problems when the phone gets into the wrong state. This is pretty indiscriminate, and may frequently be fixed by performing a "Restore" procedure from iTunes to get things straightened out.

I had a problem when I upgraded to 1.2 earlier this week that Evernote would crash on launch every time. So I deleted the app from the phone, then restarted the phone (hold power button, swipe to turn off, press power button again), then re-installed Evernote. That worked for me.

I've seen issues when "upgrading" other apps as well, so I don't think this is specific to Evernote.

Archived