BTB

Changing Evernote Assigned Email Address

18 posts in this topic

I searched on this but did not find an answer.

I would like to change my Evernote assigned email address.

What is the best way to do that?

Right now I have a free account. Do I need a premium account?

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this

Log into Evernote.com and then select settings, at the bottom of the Account Settings page are your email details. You can press the button and a new automatically generated address will be created. You can't choose your own email address whether you are a free or premium user.

2 people like this

That's unfortunate. It would be awesome even if it was just [username]@m.evernote.com, without the randomness after the username.

Premium members can contact support and have it shortened to just [username]@m.evernote.com .

5 people like this

Backing Heather up, just to be clear, this is incorrect:

You can't choose your own email address whether you are a free or premium user.

I asked for a new, personalized Evernote email address at 5:08 tonight and got the address I asked for at 8:53. (I'm a premium user.)

2 people like this

Yup, it's in the KB :)https://support.ever...te-using-email.

But Metrodon is *also* technically correct in the statement that you can't change it yourself, free or Premium. It requires a support ticket, and you need to be Premium.

2 people like this

Jbenson, that link just takes me to the support portal.

Last clarification: Premium users can indeed choose their email addresses (the claim above was that they can't choose them), if not change them without the help of Evernote staff.

Last Modified Since: 1/31/2012

I see... ;)

Nice addition, for those that want it. IIRC it has come up a couple of times in the forum recently.

Thanks for all of the intel and updates. I'm glad it can be done.

Later this afternoon, I will become a premium member. ;)

I appreciate all of your replies.

Jbenson, that link just takes me to the support portal.

That is where I wanted the link to go to.

It further explains my comment about the maximum number of sent emails allowed per day by Evernote.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Incoming Email Limits

To ensure that our servers are able to provide the best possible performance for all users, as well as to prevent abuse, we have instituted a maximum number of emails that can be sent to your Evernote email address per day.

Free account holders may send a maximum of 50 emails per day to their Evernote email address.

Premium account holders may send a maximum of 250 emails per day to their Evernote email address.

The count is reset for each user daily at 12:00AM Pacific time.

By the way: you can only change your email address to what your current username is. If you want to change your email address to something entirely different, you'll need to change your username as well - which we also do for Premium members.

This is to ensure you are not taking up someone else's potential email address.

Ah, got it. Then you should change the KB page, since it says you can "customize" your email address, not that you can only change it to your username.

Last Modified Since: 1/31/2012

I see... :P

Nice addition, for those that want it. IIRC it has come up a couple of times in the forum recently.

Not sure what change they made yesterday, but that wasn't it. It's been in there.

Woohoo! I've just changed my email. Contact support via chat and it was done in about 5 mins! Thanks Evernote!

I am keenly interested to customize-thereby change the Evernote assigned email address. I shall be more than happy if someone can assist me / guide me for the same.

I am keenly interested to customize-thereby change the Evernote assigned email address. I shall be more than happy if someone can assist me / guide me for the same.

Go to your account settings page (https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action should take you there), at the bottom is "Email Notes To", look for the "Reset" button.