(Archived) FEATURE REQUEST: Share Notes

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, you can publish a notebook to make it available to others. We plan to expand this capability in a few months to give more options for sharing and collaboration.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a must. I just posted a feature request in other forums.

I wanted to work with my coworkers in an specific notebook but we do not want this as a public notebook. Also, I want them to be able to edit the notebooks I am sharing by adding their own clips. Maybe the owner of the notebook should be the one who uses its quota space.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another vote for this... Evernote will be great collaboration tool with this and I think that will substantially increase potential user base...

In first view it can be done like in last.fm app (friends list and note share with drag-n-drop)

And it appears to look good from commercial view in future --- group/company subscriptions etc

WBR

No need for more voting on this ... it was the first item on the list of resolutions that Phil (our CEO) just sent out for the new year!

(Happy New Year, all!)

Was this sent out publicly? I'd love to know what the priority features are/what the road map looks like.

Happy New Year to you as well. And thanks for continued development.

• 2 weeks later...
No need for more voting on this ... it was the first item on the list of resolutions that Phil (our CEO) just sent out for the new year!

Sweet, I wondered what that was trying to say. (Funky is cool, and all, but not when it impedes clarity.)

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT information for a feature that is getting built (Requirements!)

I compared 5 similar services (that have implemented sharing), so please take this as free market research and PLEASE give me what I need cause non of them implemented this to my satisfaction...

I will use a specific use case, so you can see a real life case in which this is useful:

A real estate agent and house buyer, 2 users.

agent goes over his MLS app, and wants to create a list for customer of houses to review. He will use client to make nice "items" into a "houses" list.

the list is shared (not an individual item)

any item added to list is automatically accessible to buyer.

**BOTH** buyer and agent have equal right on the list (this is where many other services failed). So either can add, and modify items.

Items have tags or other property which allows buyer to mark as "view" (as in I saw this house), "potential" or "reject". Then it is easy to (in the same list) filter and see only "potential" items, while also keeping all "rejected" items so they can still be reviewed.

it is also possible to comment on each item (comment is saved and who made the comment is recorded, as in :

Agent: this looks nice

Buyer: no, it sucks.

thanks.

+1

with my wife it will be great to share some list together for our grocery list, ur dvd list, or our wedding organisation list.

Please mail us when it's done and we will take together a premium account.

And we all have a pda/itouch and it will be nice that one could update one list when someone is away ....

When at the grocery my wife could update the groecry list or etc ....

Regards

Bussiere

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can we get an update on the progress of collaborative notes and/or notebooks? My wife and i just bought a house that we won't move into until September and I'd like to create a collaborative notebook that we can both clip notes to.

Thanks.

Can we get an update on the progress of collaborative notes and/or notebooks? My wife and i just bought a house that we won't move into until September and I'd like to create a collaborative notebook that we can both clip notes to.

Thanks.

If you read messages throughout the forum Evernote never comments on timelines, and the most they will say is that they are working on it. We'd all love to know exactly or even very generally when a particular feature will be out, but it's one of those unofficial rules of software development (outside of opensource at least) that you don't reveal what features will be in a future version or even when exactly that future version will be out because if things slip (and they often do), you end up dissapointing a lot more people than you will potentially frustrate by just keeping mum (mostly).

Thanks.

If you read messages throughout the forum Evernote never comments on timelines, and the most they will say is that they are working on it. We'd all love to know exactly or even very generally when a particular feature will be out, but it's one of those unofficial rules of software development (outside of opensource at least) that you don't reveal what features will be in a future version or even when exactly that future version will be out because if things slip (and they often do), you end up dissapointing a lot more people than you will potentially frustrate by just keeping mum (mostly).

Right on. They probably should use "won't" instead of "haven't yet" when referring to releasing timelines then:

We haven't yet announced a schedule for sharing features (other than Phil's general email).

Yeah, in general we don't announce specific timelines, since it makes us look like jerks if things don't work out the way we planned.

Phil gets to break the rules since he's the CEO, but that just means that the rest of us are then required to make him correct after the fact.

Archived