(Archived) Order of listing Notes

charlieV

Idea

15 replies to this idea

i don't have my mac on at the moment, but if you look at the second pane you will see a bar at the top that says something about "updated." click on that to change the sort order.

I haven't been able to find it. I have OSX 10.7.2 maybe the display is different. I tried Help but it wasn't.

If you could advise later I would appreciate it

Click here

20120121-j9a49e1rq6kcm6free2ur3iw5n.jpg

You'll get this menu

20120121-xy1y9gtnhiqm22dwsnhxfr5194.jpg TT Th

It's the header of that column. (The column in the middle, which lists your notes)

You can only see that header if the list is not empty.

The problem I was in full screen & did not realize The column header would not show. i realized this from the clip.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Click here

20120121-j9a49e1rq6kcm6free2ur3iw5n.jpg

You'll get this menu

20120121-xy1y9gtnhiqm22dwsnhxfr5194.jpg

I would like to make a request that will make using the sort feature much more efficient. I find the current method of changing sort order, or even checking to see if I am displaying in Reverse Sort Order or not, too cumbersome.

What if you were to split the header bar that currently displays the sort order in half?

The left side would display what the header bar displays now, the data field the sort is using. Clicking this side of the bar would bring up the drop down list of selectable sort fields like it does now. It would also contain the "Show in Groups" item.

The right side would show the word "Ascending" or "Descending" to indicate which order the list of notes is displayed in. Clicking on the word "Ascending" or "Descending" would instantly reverse the sort order, without the use of a drop down menu.

What do you think?

What if you were to split the header bar that currently displays the sort order in half?

The left side would display what the header bar displays now, the data field the sort is using. Clicking this side of the bar would bring up the drop down list of selectable sort fields like it does now.

The right side would show whether the list of note is displayed in "Ascending" or "Descending" order. Clicking on this side of the bar would drop down the list of "Ascending", Descending", and "Show in Groups".

What do you think?

Hrm, interesting. Evernoted for when we revisit that design

Hrm, interesting. Evernoted for when we revisit that design

Great.

Interestingly, about one minute after I posted that, I quickly changed it to what I think is even a better implementation. You commented on some hybrid of what I originally posted and the final version.

Take another look at the final edit and let me know what you think.

Archived