Krit

Ability to resize images

Why is this taking so long to update on windows? Are windows users not a valuable asset to your company's success??

Of course they are. However, not being able to resize an image directly in a note is apparently not a critical feature for all Windows users.

Not really certain to whom that is apparent.  It certainly is not apparent to me.

The feature where you can take a picture of a receipt in the docs option, upon printing out it takes two 8.5 x 11 pages to print a gas receipt.

It is apparent to me that most people just accept the limitations of evernote and do not complain.

It's apparent because there are lots of Windows users who continue to use Evernote. And those users for who do need to resize their images can do so using an external program, which is more inconvenient, but not necessarily fatally so. It's never bothered me, for one. If it's true that "most people accept the limitations and do not complain", then that just reinforces the idea that it's not a critical feature for those users. That's not to say that it's not a critical feature for all Windows users, just not all (and I suspect not even a majority) of them. It's also not to say that being able to resize an image directly in Evernote wouldn't a good thing.

There are probably few features that would be considered critical enough to stop using evernote, except maybe syncing and lost data.

All other features will add up to either continuing to use the program in spite of the issues, or not using the program because of the issues.

It is more of a cumulative effect than a single effect.  Most likely true of windows users, of course there would be exceptions for people that tried to use evernote for a specific purpose for which it does not work.

This is critical to my not using certain features, I will not use the doc feature, will not use to take pictures of products to be printed later, will not take pics of serial and model number plates to keep in evernote.

There are probably few features that would be considered critical enough to stop using evernote, except maybe syncing and lost data.

All other features will add up to either continuing to use the program in spite of the issues, or not using the program because of the issues.

It is more of a cumulative effect than a single effect.  Most likely true of windows users, of course there would be exceptions for people that tried to use evernote for a specific purpose for which it does not work.

This is critical to my not using certain features, I will not use the doc feature, will not use to take pictures of products to be printed later, will not take pics of serial and model number plates to keep in evernote.

Just to make sure, you do know that you can resize an image using an external editor, even MS Paint, right? I understand that it's not as convenient, but it does work, in much the same way as you would use an external editor on any attachment.

I own a marketing company, so we know how to manipulate graphics, that in my mind is not the issue.

What a pain to move out of a program into another and back out again, when most programs today allow you to resize the graphic without work arounds.

I own a marketing company, so we know how to manipulate graphics, that in my mind is not the issue.

What a pain to move out of a program into another and back out again, when most programs today allow you to resize the graphic without work arounds.

It is a pain. Why use two progs when you can just use one? But apparently you only need one if you have a mac and two if you have windows because it is apparent according to Evernote that windows users don't need that feature. 

We are actively working on this feature for Windows. I can't give an ETA, but I can say soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 1

We are actively working on this feature for Windows. I can't give an ETA, but I can say soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for the update!  Much Appreciated!

• Like 1

fastever snap lets you resize images smaller on IOS, but I'm curious does anyone know of an IOS app that allows bulk selection of photos already in camera roll, then bulk downsize, then bulk send to Evernote? Cheers

I haven't read through this entire forum...I'm researching an issue about emailing notes with images whereby the images are so large it's impossible to see them, print the email etc...there's virtually no good way for someone to read an emailed note that includes a lot of images due to this size problem.   This is using EV ios for the original note's creation and having the camera image size in Settings set to Small.

But I saw bounce's bulk edit in ios question and I have a great app I use for that.  It's called OneEdit Pro it's $2.99.  You can batch crop, scale and resize as well as add borders, text and watermarks.  I use it all the time for rescaling images for my website's.  It has a few quirks...one being that it may tell you an operation has failed to execute...but in fact it really has!  I've not yet run into any actual bugs...just a few misleading error messages.  If you do a lot of Image processing it's the best I've found and definitely worth the $2.99.  My favorite ios photo editing apps.  OneEdit Pro's Webpage.

If anyone can figure out how to email notes with a lot of images without having the image sizes appearing huge let me know!

5 hours ago, vsajewel said:

But I saw bounce's bulk edit in ios question and I have a great app I use for that.  It's called OneEdit Pro it's $2.99.  You can batch crop, scale and resize as well as add borders, text and watermarks.

So, how do you use this with Evernote?  

• Can you edit the images already in Evernote?
  • Where do the batch of images reside?
  • Is there a Mac version?  That's where I do most of my content work.

+1  

Bump for the image resize feature.  This isn't "re-inventing the wheel" as one reply stated, it's basic/core functionality that almost all WYSIWYG editors have. 

Is it that hard to enable us to click an image and drag a corner to resize it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natv said:

Is it that hard to enable us to click an image and drag a corner to resize it?

That feature is in EN Mac as of at least Ver 6.4.  Since Evernote now has a common editor they are rolling out to all platforms, I'd expect to see it in EN Win as well.  Not sure how long this will take.

I've been using Evernote 5.9.6 for Windows, for some time now, and it has the ability to resize images. Here is a post about it

From that post: " Images can be resized directly inside of your notes. Click an image and drag the handle in the bottom right corner to resize. "

Works for me. 

It's odd that no one on the Evernote team responds to this thread to mention this.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, whitley said:

I've been using Evernote 5.9.6 for Windows, for some time now, and it has the ability to resize images. Here is a post about it

From that post: " Images can be resized directly inside of your notes. Click an image and drag the handle in the bottom right corner to resize. "

Works for me. 

It's odd that no one on the Evernote team responds to this thread to mention this.  

Yeah finally they figured out to resize but it is still far from perfect. Don't have editing tools like MS Word to fit right along the text. After all these years this must take 1 to 2 years for evernote to notice. I hope v6.0 will be a complete redesign or i must consider buying a Mac.

On February 12, 2016 at 8:53 PM, JMichaelTX said:

So, how do you use this with Evernote?  

• Can you edit the images already in Evernote?
  • Where do the batch of images reside?
  • Is there a Mac version?  That's where I do most of my content work.

You can't use OneEdit Pro from within Evernote.  What I do is usually save a lot of images to the camera roll (I'm almost always using an ios device) then open OneEdit and import them all into there...you just select a group of pics at one time but you can add to or remove from that batch if you want at anytime.  Then I add several editing tasks...I usually use crop, scale and add borders, but you can add watermarks, flip or rotate, apply filters...there are maybe 30 different filters, remove gps info, change to grey scale, add image overlays...there are quite a few editing functions available...and then execute all the edits with one command.  Last export them as a group back to the camera roll and add them to Evernote the normal way.  It's a few more steps but a lot faster than editing each image individually which is what I used to have to do.

Sorry I don't think there's a Mac version.

• Like 1

What an utterly miserable experience it is to resize images in Evernote (Windows 6.1.2.2292):-

I could "successfully" (and I use the word in it's vaguest manifestation) resize and rotate images. But some images in the note would not "stick". And certainly when I went to print preview it was again a mess.

Gave up...stuck them in Word, got them all sorted onto one sensible page, then stuck them back into Evernote.

Seriously...printing out a whole page just for a credit card image and then another page for a passport image?

Can we please have this feature for the online edition as well? I use linux and I do not have a mac or windows version of linux