(Archived) How Evernote could help me to make synthesis of books i reed on ebook (like Kindle)

Hi folks

My dream is that i could have an evernote integrated inside my ebook reader (Kindle or Kobo).

So each time i find an idea interesting inside my ebbok, I can copy-paste the idea directly inside my evernote.

It could avoid me to have both devices : mobile + ebook.

Regards

Cédric

• Level 5*

You already have this capability.

Mark a passage in the text and it gets saved to a clippings file. You can do one of two things:

1. Plug it into your computer, open the file, copy the content, and paste it into Evernote.

2. Go to https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights and click on "Your Highlights" to see the notes. Copy and paste into Evernote. You should be able to do all of this with your mobile.

Thanks, GrumpyMonkey, but this is what I already do. I understood OP to be asking for an automatic sync/transfer/share, which is what I'm dreaming of, so I don't have to manually transfer my clippings all the time. (I don't expect Evernote to do this, but I'd be thrilled if my pessimism were proven wrong.)

• Level 5

I was playing with this just yesterday. Two things: 1) It's the LATEST highlights etc. 2) Integration could work a lot better (as others have said). The "My Clippings.txt" route seems the best - but harder work. (It would be easier if the file were XML, actually.)

Martin

Archived