(Archived) Automatically insert To-Do Check Box

pethomas12

Idea

when i start a bullet list, a new bullet is created when I hit "return" -- I would like this functionality with the check box as well (instead of having to addd it each time) -- if this exists, can someone please direct me. If not, looking for a suggestion or feature request.

Thanks,

Ed

7 replies to this idea

http://articles.busi...hil-libin-lists

"Evernote, the popular note-taking app that wants to be "your external brain" has recently been adding more apps to its roster: it first bought the popular screenshot/sketching app Skitch, and yesterday released two new apps, Evernote Hello (a contacts manager) and Evernote Food which is, well, like Evernote for food.

What's coming next?

We asked Evernote CEO Phil Libin point-blank if to-do lists, which are a popular use for Evernote, are coming. "To-do lists are coming," he said after taking a deep breath.

While Libin gave us the traditional line Silicon Valley startups always trot out about not wanting to "kill" anyone or "seeing the world in a zero-sum way", we're sure this will give cold sweats to the legions of to-do apps like Remember The Milk, Things, OmniFocus and others. So many people already use Evernote to organize their lives that, if it's as well thought-out as Evernote's other apps, it will get many people to use it.

Libin also took pains to stress that it wouldn't look and feel like traditional to-do list apps. "I don't want a to-do app, I want a DO app. I don't want a list," Libin said.

Perhaps it will look like OneTask, the productivity app we use whose utter simplicity has made this writer more productive. Here's how it works →

Notice the absence of the word 'soon'.

;)

I agree with Ed (original poster). Adding checkable boxes as another "brand" of bullet should be a quick and easy improvment. Furthermore, if there were some checklist preferences, all the better. For example, ticking off the box automatically adds strikethrough to the item. Google tasks works this way. It helps to visually distinguish the entire task as completed while maintaining readability. Or ticking off item causes it to gray out. And they could be re-ordered (again a la Google tasks).

Archived