(Archived) Must have: Auto-copy short URL, Auto-save to Evernote album, Imgur share option

drewmoh

I'm an Evernote user for life. I have an enormous amount of respect for Phil Libin.

But without at least some of these features I'll be using Slingshot. I actually suggest taking a look at it.

It allows you to automatically upload to Imgur (completely free image hosting service, as one option...not the only one!) as a guest OR to an Imgur account (free or paid). Additionally, it gives you the option to automatically shorten the link with bit.ly.

I'll check back in 6 months. I know you guys have priorities. :)

Cheers,

Drew

• Level 5*

Evernote has an API, if you really really really NEED this feature (which I've never seen anyone else request), why don't you build an app that takes care of it yourself or pay someone to do it for you?

In the meantime, we'll get a disappointed face smiley ready for your return in 6 months :)

Awww, I was just teasing...I love Evernote and have been using it since early beta 2008 and will be using it for many years to come. Maybe 100 years, like Phil says. :)

My point is this: Skitch offers a lot of customization. I was just requesting a few additions (maybe I didn't request them in the best way, but I was tired).

For example, Skitch allows you to:

1) Pick a Skitch.com, FTP, SFTP, WebDAV or Flickr account

-
IMGUR'S API is very easy to use (no account is even required!)
and could be added easily as an option, but I understand that Evernote likely just wants to consolidate. So, I'd just hope that the other features would be implemented in some form.

IwaS7.png

2) Set "Clipboard Format" option:

- Skitch.com image page

- Direct link (e.g.
)

- Embed HTML

- Fullsize image link

- Forum-ready markdown

q09aP.png

3) Set "After Share" option:

- Do nothing

- Copy link

- Auto-Copy Link

Yi9EF.png

4) Make a "Mini Link" manually on the image page: http://i.imgur.com/QolsB.png

- The "Mini Link" is awesome:
(It'd be great to have BOTH a "
Mini Direct Link
" and "
Mini Page Link
")

QolsB.png

5) I'll just assume the auto-saving to Evernote is in the works as we speak. I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

So, anyway, I'm just requesting adjustments to existing features. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way the first time around. Another late night working. Downloading and playng around with Skitch was a break. :)

If Evernote really wants to make Skitch theirs, including making it all green, then that's great, but it'd still be great to have auto-minifying (whether still skit.ch or e.co, evrn.tt, evrnt.in, evrnt.to, evrnt.me, etc.) and the option to have a direct link/redirect to the image for the minified link.

That's all. Thanks for your time evangelists and I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way the first time around. :)

Cheers,

Drew

Archived