(Archived) web clipper is great - any android version?

roryonline

i really like using the evernote clipper service - great for linking urls to evernote and having the content displayed on the note !

i use Chrome and am v happy with this new extension!

two things ,,,

iis there a similar to use the mobile app (ive got 3.4) as the web clipper extension ? currrently ive to copy and pste the url ...

one smiall criticism ive got got of the web clipper is tthat is not possible ot create a new notebook from the extension drop down box - often ive to open the app on a web page and physicallly create the notebook first there ...

thanks for any feedback you can give me,

rory

• 1 year later...

I have been looking for a good android web clipper for use with Evernote for a while now and I finally found one that does a good job. I had never heard of Boat Browser but its a very good android browser with an excellent extension called Evernote Webclipper. I have tried Dolphin, Opera etc. and this is the only one that seems able to clip the entire web page. The extension costs about €2.

• Level 5*

I have been looking for a good android web clipper for use with Evernote for a while now and I finally found one that does a good job. I had never heard of Boat Browser but its a very good android browser with an excellent extension called Evernote Webclipper. I have tried Dolphin, Opera etc. and this is the only one that seems able to clip the entire web page. The extension costs about €2.

Thanks for the tip - does this extension save the entire page,  or just the URL for later viewing?

gaz,

I just tried it.  It saves the whole page along with the URL.  URL is entered in the note as if doing it from Windows.  There does not appear to be a way to crop the clipping, but it works.

It seems to work with any browser, it's an addition to the share options.  

It is sending the clip via the web.  Only mention this because it's useful with other things, Pocket for example.  It won't clip if it can't connect.

It does work though, I've been looking for something like this.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for the tip. I just installed Boat browser and its webclipper addon from Google play and it works great. At first I couldn't see the URL of a saved webpage, but then when I opened the saved note in EN and selected "go to source" I was redirected to the source webpage. The webclipper is accessible from the browser directly or as a standalone widget.

Archived