(Archived) Limitations of Android version?

harmlessdrudge

I just bought an HTC Sensation to replace my iPhone (3G). One of the apps I'm interested in running on my new phone is Evernote.

I have two concerns about using the cloud storage capabilities (I've used Evernote on and off since 1.0, Tornado Notes before that, Ecco, Lotus Agenda and much else. I've been using OneNote and lately.)

1. Security -- generally, not just on the phone

2. Whether syncing any volume of data with a phone is really practical. My phone has limited memory -- it does have a 16Gb micro SD card however.

Currently I use a Yubikey (www.yubico.com) to protect my Lastpass account. I would like to have two-factor authentication if I'm to store anything sensitive in Evernote. The Lastpass approach seems very good in respect of web and mobile client security. I would like to see something similar with Evernote. Tiddlyfolio style encryption for individual notes would be good too.

I know that it's possible to have some Notebooks that are local only. Can they be synced locally? (avoiding cloud-based sync) and is it, or will it, be possible to configure the app to use micro SD storage?

Hey there, :)

Saw this hasn't been answered and have a few answers for you:

1 : By Security, do you mean the security protocols used to sync the information, or security of the app itself? If you mean the latter, Evernote Android has a PIN lock feature, allowing you to require a pin to be able to do anything on Evernote via the app.

2 : Hmmmm, Evernote Android also has an option to keep a copy of your notes offline only if you wish to, and you can choose which notes specifically. Evernote Android also has the Clear Cache and Clear History options, allowing you to wipe everything Evernote stores locally and temporarily.

3 : I use Lastpass every hour of the day I spend online, just like Evernote, and love the two-factor authentication. This may be a good feature suggestion.

4 : Local notebooks are just local, and thus cannot be synced. Synced means they are online, and thus not solely offline. That brings us to #5......

5 : Evernote Android has another option to store your Evernote files on your SD card, so yes, you can enable that option and have Evernote store everything on the SD card. I use this option too, and don't worry about the storage at all (specially since I don't use the "Offline Notebooks" option which allows you to keep some notebooks offline for emergency use in case of not having any net access).

Hope that helps! :) Regards,

Bes

Hi All

I have use android ver .My ver 3.2.3

I have problem as I am unable send my note to my friend. When I send the email is not able to reach my friend in box.

But when I change to iphone ver , it can send out email with out any problem.

Hope some one can share with me where go wrong ?

Paul

I have use android ver .My ver 3.2.3

I have problem as I am unable send my note to my friend. When I send the email is not able to reach my friend in box.

But when I change to iphone ver , it can send out email with out any problem.

Paul, a few things:

1 : Are you sending the email via Gmail or some other app?

2 : Does Gmail show you that the message was sent?

3 : Can you see the sent message in your Sent folder online (in Gmail or whichever email account you use on your Android)?

4 : Can you attach files directly from Gmail (or your other email client) on your Android and send files without issues?

Archived