Issues accessing Evernote Support Channels Read more... ×
ikepigott

ios Merging notes on the iPad

Idea

23 replies to this idea

Merging notes on iOS is indeed not yet available, but I definitely understand why it would be a useful addition, especially on iPad/iPad Pro. I'm moving this to the 'Feedback' section to enable the voting feature. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would imagine that Evernote already has the algorithm for merging Notes based on their design in the EN Win and EN Mac platforms. The only real difference with iOS is the I/O.

• Thanks 1

I use evernote with my chemistry students who all have iPads. For their labs, they have graphs, text documents and images that are created on apps that send them to evernote, but in separate notes. They need to be able to combine all the notes for one lab into a single note...so being able to merge notes with the ipad app would be VERY useful for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With an IPad Pro, I can do many of the things I've done on my MacBook Pro.  But if I want to merge files on Evernote, for example, I can't. So despite what Tim Cook says about the IPad replacing the laptop, it's not going to happen until the apps catch up.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Toldio said:

So despite what Tim Cook says about the IPad replacing the laptop, it's not going to happen until the apps catch up.

I agree. Evernote iOS falls far short of Evernote Mac.  And it is not just the apps that need to catch up, the iOS needs to be much more flexible that it is now.  Until the iOS supports a common file storage accessible by all apps, it will remain very constrained.  

The iPad Pro (with keyboard) will work as a replacement for many people, but certainly now all.  A MacBook Air 13-in has about the same size and weight as an iPad Pro, yet it comes with a great keyboard, and many times the capability of the iPad.  I sincerely doubt I'll ever trade my MBA-13 for an iPad Pro.

• Like 1

On February 2, 2016 at 11:44 AM, annah said:

Merging notes on iOS is indeed not yet available, but I definitely understand why it would be a useful addition, especially on iPad/iPad Pro. I'm moving this to the 'Feedback' section to enable the voting feature. 

How can I vote for this? I'm new here and this feature request is huge for me. 

I have been wishing for this feature for such a long time. And it is a real bummer that the developers are still ignoring this request...

March 2018 and I just lost 15min of my life trying to merge some notes on my iPad Pro...

Now I read that - thank god - i am not to dumb to perform this, but ... what the heck... it is not possible??

So I want to renew the request for 2018!

Developers, please listen...

It’s a silly question to ask people to vote for!

Merging notes is a standard feature on my Mac so why would I expect it to be absent from my iPad! I think Evernote should stop playing delaying tactics and introduce this feature immediately. I don’t expect to pay for premium membership to Evernote and then use third party apps for additional missing features absent on iOS devices

• Thanks 2

That would be just great, as well as to have option to stack notes.

Using ipad and multigesture interface...

Right now the only feature one have selecting multiple notes is just sharing.

How do we suggest to include this feature on the next update?

• Thanks 1

no way to do this on the ipad, and i imagine it would be somewhat difficult to implement. do you know of any other apps that enable users to merge files? if so, this might give the developers a concrete direction.

• Thanks 1

On December 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM, ikepigott said:

Maybe I am just missing it, but is there a way to merge notes on the iPad?

Right now I add a series of notes I want to merge and tag them with reminders so that when I sit down at my computer I'll remember to merge them. 

I really would like to see a merge-notes capability in the iOS version — not just for iPad!

Hey there is this famous slogan - there is an app for that!

Unfortunately you can't do this in the Evernote client, but if you need the functionality I found an app called MoveEver that allows you to move multiple notes, add and remove tags from multiple notes and also merge notes. They also have a special app called MergeEver, which can do more fancy merging, but I never use that.

I am not associated with them - I found the app when I was looking for a way to merge notes just like you. It costs some money, but I found it pretty useful on several occasions.

• Like 3

Thanks Palladion. I bought MergeEver2 which is optimized for ios7 ($1.99) and it works great - merges notes that appear just like a desktop merge. Worth the money and more for a heavy iPad Evernote user.

• Like 1

+1

please, very kindly...and thank you.

(even if only for tablets & not hand-held devices!)

:-D

Have been missing this function for a long time. And when there is an app (family) that does this, why in the world isn't it included in Evernote?

• Confused 1

Please, Evernote developer team. This is a no-brainer feature for iOS. Please make it available as soon as possible.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, Wajahat said:

It’s a silly question to ask people to vote for!

Merging notes is a standard feature on my Mac so why would I expect it to be absent from my iPad! I think Evernote should stop playing delaying tactics and introduce this feature immediately. I don’t expect to pay for premium membership to Evernote and then use third party apps for additional missing features absent on iOS devices

You are so right!

• Like 1

I am not sure how this request can be officially submitted to Evernote. If you are writing any form of Longford text using Evernote it is essential. Until it is available on IOS the iPad will not become a computer replacement. People have bee requesting it for a long time now. Does anyone actually listen to paying customers?

• Like 1

I have been an evernote Premium customer for a long time.   

Merge is a feature that should have been added years ago.   Why hasn’t this simple request been addressed.   I don’t think this forum thread is accurately depicting how much of an issue this is for folks that have adapted Evernote for their daily lives on an IOS device.   I can go months without touching my Macbook or iMac   

I wonder if this request is not being treated with priority because it started December 2011.   Maybe we need to start a new request.  

Everyone, please send to other Evernote users you may know, and ask them to vote on this forum and just type a very short message “Need Merge Feature on iPad”.    Maybe we need more noise to wake up the powers that be.  I too am guilty of not taking action.  I search this topic every month just to find nothing is being done.   Unfortunately this is my first official entry.  Shame on me :)

• Like 1