scottmccracken

mac Evernote Won't Stay Signed In

My goal is to have Evernote save my username and password and automatically log me in every time I start up the mac version of the app. Seems easy enough, the first time I fire up the application I enter my username / password and check the "stay signed in" checkbox. After a successful login I then shut Evernote down.

The problem is every time I start a new session with Evernote it pops up the login screen, even though I asked it to stay signed in. Subsequently I find myself rarely using the app because I don't want to enter in my password each time. I tried deleting the app and re-installing it to no avail.

This is not a problem for Evernote on my iPhone. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance.

post-84666-0-28315800-1322850955_thumb.p

Start the app and then take a look at "Account Info" in the Evernote menu - is the remember password box checked?

It was checked.

I ended up unchecking it, rechecking it and then restarting the app. That appears to have worked! Wonder if the setting was cached. Either way, thank you for the helpful suggestion.

It's like a Windows switch it off, switch it on again kinda thing.

Sorry for opening up this thread again, but it seems this problem has resurfaced on 5.5.0. But there isn't the option in "account info" to check/uncheck remember password box.

Essentially, I have no way of "resetting" whatever it is to reset other than checking or uncheking the "Stay Logged In" - which doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I know someone who is having this trouble on his new Macbook, and as @nargalzius said, the checkbox is no longer an option. 

1 hour ago, weaverh said:

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I know someone who is having this trouble on his new Macbook, and as @nargalzius said, the checkbox is no longer an option. 

This feature was dropped a long time ago, and is now the default operation.

When I close the Evernote window, I remain signed in unless I specifically sign out.

On 2016-10-17 at 0:55 PM, weaverh said:

It is an issue for me. each time when I open Evernote Mac client I was asked to sign in.. if someone knows how to fix it ?