Evernote Won't Stay Signed In

My goal is to have Evernote save my username and password and automatically log me in every time I start up the mac version of the app. Seems easy enough, the first time I fire up the application I enter my username / password and check the "stay signed in" checkbox. After a successful login I then shut Evernote down.

The problem is every time I start a new session with Evernote it pops up the login screen, even though I asked it to stay signed in. Subsequently I find myself rarely using the app because I don't want to enter in my password each time. I tried deleting the app and re-installing it to no avail.

This is not a problem for Evernote on my iPhone. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance.

post-84666-0-28315800-1322850955_thumb.p

• 2 years later...

Sorry for opening up this thread again, but it seems this problem has resurfaced on 5.5.0. But there isn't the option in "account info" to check/uncheck remember password box.

Essentially, I have no way of "resetting" whatever it is to reset other than checking or uncheking the "Stay Logged In" - which doesn't seem to be working.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, weaverh said:

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I know someone who is having this trouble on his new Macbook, and as @nargalzius said, the checkbox is no longer an option. 

This feature was dropped a long time ago, and is now the default operation.

When I close the Evernote window, I remain signed in unless I specifically sign out.

• 7 months later...
On 2016-10-17 at 0:55 PM, weaverh said:

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I know someone who is having this trouble on his new Macbook, and as @nargalzius said, the checkbox is no longer an option. 

It is an issue for me. each time when I open Evernote Mac client I was asked to sign in.. if someone knows how to fix it ?

Archived