Evernote Blog guest post: Why I went paperless

Jamie Todd Rubin

Jamie, your reasons #1 & #2 are what inspired me on my quest to go paperless back in 2007. I work full time. My husband has a company. In 2007, I started being the primary (offsite) caregiver for my elderly mother. That included overseeing the sale of her home & many belongings as well as her medical care & emotional well being as well as some management for her long time/live in beau, too, since his only child lived on the other side of the continent. I knew I had to start using my PDA in a much more diligent manner to survive. (Appointments, reminders, contacts, etc.) And going paperless seemed to go hand in hand with that.

For me, although I'm mostly/getting there, I've still not achieved "paperless". I call it my quest to be "as paperless as possible."

I will consider myself successful when the "pile to scan" is short. Alas, the recent health issues of my mom as well as the sale of one of our homes & purchase of another & getting the new home livable, I've amassed a whole 'nuther pile of stuff to scan...

For me, although I'm mostly/getting there, I've still not achieved "paperless". I call it my quest to be "as paperless as possible."

BurgersNFries, I think the biggest challenge is that the rest of the world is not paperless, so there is always paper still coming into our system. 100% paperless isn't possible yet. In my process, I've tried to account for the fact that other people will still hand me paper and that I need to take some action with that paper. So I think I'm in the same boat, as paperless as possible, given our still largely paper-based society.

Archived