(Archived) jpg images in clipping show as question mark

Hello,

Most clipping from the web work fine but some show in Evernote Desktop as 'question mark' icons, as if it can't recognise or display the format. But when I check the source images it shows up as a JPG. I'm using the latest version on a Mac.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

What sort of web site are you trying to clip?

Are you clipping using the Evernote clipper in the Mac MenuBar (Paste to Evernote), or are you using the "bookmarklet" clipper in your browser's bookmark bar?

Thanks Dave,

The website is a UK online retailer 'www.svp.co.uk'. I'm using Safari and the Evernote clip link is in my Bookmarks bar, so I presume it's the 'bookmarklet' clipper. It works fine for almost everything else, although I have noticed the occasional '?' symbol in missing graphics.

BTW I'm not sure if it's possible but I'd love to see the option in the window that appears to 1) Change/Modify the name of the note and 2) Have an option for the notebook to remain the 'last clipped-to notebook'. It would also be nice if the window was floating, and when doing a long series of separate clippings, to be able to set it up with some partial text to be 'completed' with each clipping.

Thanks,

Roy

What sort of web site are you trying to clip?

Are you clipping using the Evernote clipper in the Mac MenuBar (Paste to Evernote), or are you using the "bookmarklet" clipper in your browser's bookmark bar?

Thanks, it looks like we have a bug with that particular site due to how they declare images in their pages. We'll get this fixed.

If you have the Mac desktop client installed, and you're using Safari as your web browser, you may find that you get better results by selecting some or all of the web page, copying it (Cmd-C), and then using the "Paste to Evernote" option from the Evernote clipper in the menu bar (Ctrl-Cmd-V). This grabs the text and images directly out of your browser and puts it into your Mac. The "bookmarklet" clipper is a little more complicated ... it asks our servers to grab the web page into your account on the server side, and then you need to sync that back down to your Mac.

This also gives you a little better interactivity, since it's a local application on your Mac instead of a web page.

Thanks Dave.

But I'm not clear about what you mean by 'using the "Paste to Evernote" option from the Evernote clipper in the menu bar (Ctrl-Cmd-V)'. Should I have a 'paste to Evernote' option somewhere in my Safari menubar? I've looked and can't find it.

There should be a little elephant head logo in the Mac menubar (on the right-hand side), no matter what app you're using.

If you don't currently see it, then either it's hidden because of all of the other menus on your screen, or else you need to enable it from the Evernote app in Preferences > Clipper .

This clipper works from the current clipboard ... so you need to select something and copy it first.

Thanks Dave,

Of course it's there. I'm still finding my way around the Mac OS and for me the 'Menu Bar' is the formal set of menus on the top left. I really will have to get my terminology right.

Regards,

Of course it's there. I'm still finding my way around the Mac OS and for me the 'Menu Bar' is the formal set of menus on the top left. I really will have to get my terminology right.

Yeah, I know the feeling ... I used Mac back in college, then eventually gave up and only came back recently. It's a whole new world of jargon.

Archived