Feature Request: Contacts in Evernote?

fredhammersmith

I agree, this would be a really nice feature. Currently what I have done is to create a notebook called "Contacts". I then went to outlook and highlighted all my contacts and copied them all to the Evernote "contacts" folder. It only takes a few seconds to send over thousands of contacts and it produces a very readable format. I much prefer to search my outlook contacts in Evernote since I can do far more detailed searches with great ease. However, since it does not autoupdate or synch I then need to make sure that whenever I add a contact to Outlook I select the "add to evernote" option. .

• 4 months later...

I would like to see a tool bar button on android to add an individual contact number or email to a note from my phone/gmail contacts

I tend to have a note with lists of things to do on a project and many of them are to contact people which means going in and out of evernote to make a call , if I could tap on a link of the phone number I could then make notes in evernote during the call

I would like to see a tool bar button on android to add an individual contact number or email to a note from my phone/gmail contacts

I tend to have a note with lists of things to do on a project and many of them are to contact people which means going in and out of evernote to make a call , if I could tap on a link of the phone number I could then make notes in evernote during the call

Just FYI this is the Windows forum. There's an Android forum for Android specific topics

• Level 5*

I love to use Evernote's sharing notes possibilities. But each time i have to copy and paste e-mail addresses from Outlook or Google Contacts.

It would be very nice if we could import contacts in Evernote. Or at least if we could have a small e-mail addresses repertory.

Are you asking for Evernote to use your Outlook Contacts to get the email address when you go to share an Evernote Notebook?

OR

Are you asking to import Outlook Contacts into Evernote as Notes?

I love to use Evernote's sharing notes possibilities. But each time i have to copy and paste e-mail addresses from Outlook or Google Contacts.

It would be very nice if we could import contacts in Evernote. Or at least if we could have a small e-mail addresses repertory.

Are you asking for Evernote to use your Outlook Contacts to get the email address when you go to share an Evernote Notebook?

OR

Are you asking to import Outlook Contacts into Evernote as Notes?

I can not answer for "fred". But it would be very useful to me if EN would remember at least a handful of addresses that you have already entered when sharing via email.

A number of applications, Yousendit, WebEx, store recent addresses and present them in a drop down box that's accessible in the email address field. Saves the effort of looking it up again.

Regards,

Gary

I think that what they were asking about n' for sure what I presonally would like to request for evernote desktop is a feature like the one there is on the iphone app... if i choose to send a note to an email from the iphone it let me pick the address from my contacts so with a couple of typed letters I'm done n' I don't have to bother with any copy\paste like I have to do with the desktop version...so some kind of contact list sync n'\or an autocomplete form inside the "send to email" popup would be best to make it work like the iphone app

• 3 months later...

Hi FredHammerSmith,

I've created a web application called KustomNote.com at http://kustomnote.com. The application allows you to create templates for your notes using fields of different types like date, numbers, even movies and music.

One of the field types that you can use in templates and might be of interest to you is a Google Contacts - SmartField. You can link multiple Google accounts and doing so, creating and editing your templates you'll find a new field type created for every account. Using this field in creating notes it will autocomplete using your Google contacts address book and it will also generate a snippet with emails, Google maps to addresses, links to Facebook and twitter as well if they are connected somehow to that person directly in your address book or on their GooglePlus profile.

Please let me know if I can help with anything or you find any problems.

Cheers,

- Hussein

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I use the Evernote feature to share notes by email a lot of times every day from the Windows desktop app.

Not being able to select or choose contacts in the email sharing dialog is most annoying.

It is time-consuming to search the contacts email address in Outlook/contacts and copy/past them to Evernote.

I was hoping that version 5 would contain a contacts list feature of some kind, but unfortunately it doesn't.

It doesn’t have to be an extended feature, just create an address list in Evernote that contains the names and email addresses of contacts and let users add, edit and delete contacts.

Make the contacts from the Evernote contact list available for selecting in the “share by email” dialog, and make it possible to share a note to multiple contacts (I can’t get this done now)

I hope this feature would be available sometime......

• 4 weeks later...

Being able to pick contacts from a drop down list when sharing via email would definitely be a plus. The lack of this feature almost makes share via email useless in Windows. My workaround is to sync my notes, then share via email from the web client or android. The web client accesses my gmail contacts in the drop-down list. In an ideal world, when I sync the desktop client it would also sync with my gmail contacts from the web client.

Archived