Sending email to my evernote account - where do they go?

SKP

I must be missing something obvious. I sent several emails to my evernote email account - even got a message from evernote indicating success (and explaining how to target specific notebooks, and add tags). I thought emails to my account were supposed to go into the default notebook - but they aren't there. Tried waiting a while, shutting down & bringing Evernote up, still can't find them. Tried searching - looking in "all notes", but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure what you're doing. But I email to my EN account all the time. You do not receive a message indicating success. (Just as you would not receive a message after emailing anyone else.)

Did you get your email address by logging onto the web client & going to settings?

• Level 5

Did you manually sync? F9 to pull it into your Windows Evernote

But to be honest, when you shut down and brought it back up, that should have triggered the automatic sync.

Or you could check your Evernote web to see if it arrived.

The first time you e-mail Evernote using provided address it does send an e-mail with information on how to use the feature. I only know since I started using it and received the same thing. :)

If you have tried a manual sync and it still doesn't pick up your emails you may try resetting the address and see if that works.

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5

It goes into your default notebook you designated when you setup EN.

You can re-direct incoming email if you wish, but if you have not done that, it is the default notebook.

Wern

I thought emails to my account were supposed to go into the default notebook - but they aren't there.

You can check to see which of your notebooks is the default notebook. Look for the small gray arrow pointing to one of your notebooks in the notebook list. You can always change the default by right clicking on the notebook and selecting properties.

Regards,

David in Wichita

• 2 years later...

What was the solution to this? I am having the exact same experience as SKP who initiated this topic. I have sent 3-4 emails to EN and received confirmation via email with tips and tricks for ease of use for the process. But then I log into EN and can find none of them. I have looked in every notebook including my default, as well as have done a search of all notes. Those I sent by email I labeled a specific way so I could easily find them. I have synched, rebooted, and attempted to find these notes on both of my desktops as well as on my hand held device (a Kindle Fire) where EN is installed.

This seems like a great feature but is making for a very frustrating experience since it is not working. I have a free account. Should that matter? No where in the email process documents from EN did it specify it wouldn't work with free accounts so my assumption is it should.

Any NEW ideas would be appreciated. As you can see I've already tried those listed in this post to date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had same issue,... but got it fixed.

I sent myself an email and couldnt find it. 

Synced and searched all notes for text in the email.  No results

synced and searched all notes for the email title.   found it in a random folder. 

Its a dummy fix but hey, i get my dummy moments.

hope it helps

Setting default notebook is rightclicking and clicking properties

but setting default to a new notebook still sent emails to the old default.  Be warned!

I sent myself an email and couldnt find it. 

Synced and searched all notes for text in the email.  No results

synced and searched all notes for the email title.   found it in a random folder. 

Its a dummy fix but hey, i get my dummy moments.

hope it helps

Setting default notebook is rightclicking and clicking properties

Emails get delivered to your 'default notebook', which you set by right-clicking on a notebook, bringing up the properties and then checking the 'Make this my default notebook' box.  

If you want to send them to a different notebook, use modifiers in the subject line, as per this knowledgebase article.  Note that for free accounts there may be a delay before notes are delivered.

Archived