(Archived) Create Notebook covers?

I am starting to have a lot of notebooks and would love to be able to have a visual graphic "notebook cover" for each one (e.g. a photo, etc.) to help me quickly distinguish between them.

I tried a work around by making a note with a photo in it and naming that note "A".

Even though I can sort my notes within a notebook by Title, in the "Notebooks" home view,

the thumbnail on each notebook is of the most recent note created, not the first note in sorted in the list.

Being able to design a notebook cover would be a wonderful organization feature for the visually oriented!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If personalized covers is too difficult to implement, perhaps a choice of stock covers would work. Even simple icons (e.g., an airplane for a travel or vacation notebook) would work. At the very least, a choice of colors would give folks a visual cue that might be helpful.

Neat idea!

Currently, nail color is OPI "Silver Shatter" over OPI "You Don't Know Jacques." (Although the Evernote Green (aka OPI "Gargantuan Green Grape") is a lovely, spring color.) I guess I just like to prioritize my shallowness. :)

(If you've ever noticed any of my screen caps, I do have a pink Windows theme thing going on... one of those things I will utilize if it exists. But I still much prefer function over form. Except with nail color!)

• 9 months later...

Gayle, thank you for sharing your idea for creating photo notes entitled A to use as notebook covers. I was having difficulty feeling proud of all my newly created notebooks because they were just so . . . ugly. Now they each have a photo "cover," however I constantly have to work to keep those notes as the "most recently used notes" in order for the pics to show up on the cover. I usually just add a space below the photo after I finish working in other notes in the notebook, and it once again becomes the notebook cover. That works, but it's kind of a pain.

With that said, I would LOVE for Evernote to create some way to make the notebook page more attractive. Any kind of cover would be better than what I see now on my iPad app. I am a very visual person and like things to look pretty! So far, however, this is my only real complaint with the app -- which I have just started using and am VERY excited about!

Gayle, thank you for sharing your idea for creating photo notes entitled A to use as notebook covers. I was having difficulty feeling proud of all my newly created notebooks because they were just so . . . ugly. Now they each have a photo "cover," however I constantly have to work to keep those notes as the "most recently used notes" in order for the pics to show up on the cover. I usually just add a space below the photo after I finish working in other notes in the notebook, and it once again becomes the notebook cover. That works, but it's kind of a pain.

You can edit the created by and edited by dates in the desktop application, Just change the date on your cover note to some future date say in 2050.

I am using evenot since some days, great sync function!

folder layout cold be more attractive, more flexible. I agree, would be great to create own covers, colours and folder name on covers.

like "awesome note" = much more intuitive to work with.

thanks!

Archived