Does evernote save revision history even when your account is Free?

I understand that Evernote, 2 times per day, makes a revision history of all the notes. Then, if your a premium user you can access these...well I have a few questions.

1. How many revisions will Evernote save on a single note..max?

2. Does it only save additional "Review" copies, if there were changes...so if there are changes on 11/2/2011, it makes a revision history, then if it's not touched again for a month, no more changes are made, until the next day that

note is changed again?

3. If you have a free account does Evernote still automatically handle the revisions the same way internally? Will it still make internal backups of them, even if you can only access it for premium? So basically if you have a premium account nad you see your histories show up, then you stop premium for 2 months. During those 2 months does the system still save revision on everything..so that when you go back to being Premium member you can see all that were saved during that time?

Thanks.

1. Unlimited.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Starting today, Evernote will begin taking a snapshot of your notes and all their contents. Several times each day Evernote will check to see if any notes have changed. If they have, it’ll make a new snapshot of those notes and add them to your Note History stored on our servers. And on and on like that. This means that you now have a running history of every note in your Premium account. There’s no limit to the number of snapshots for each note and old versions won’t count against your monthly new-note quota.

http://blog.evernote...and-50mb-notes/

• 2 years later...

1. Unlimited.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Starting today, Evernote will begin taking a snapshot of your notes and all their contents. Several times each day Evernote will check to see if any notes have changed. If they have, it’ll make a new snapshot of those notes and add them to your Note History stored on our servers. And on and on like that. This means that you now have a running history of every note in your Premium account. There’s no limit to the number of snapshots for each note and old versions won’t count against your monthly new-note quota.

How it works for shared notes? I upgraded to premium but i can't see the history of a note that is shared with a friend

• 1 year later...

1. Unlimited.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Has your answer to question 3 ever been officially confirmed by Evernote or by your own experience? The quote that you cite is from the section "New Premium feature: Note History" on that page, so it is not clear whether the answer really is "Yes. Yes. Yes." And in the comments section of that page, user David asks the same question and it is left unanswered. Neither could I find anything on this in Evernote's knowledge base. 

So if anyone has an official confirmation of this (or tried this out), I'd appreciate a clarification.

• Level 5*

If you want official confirmation I would recommend contacting EN directly.  This is a user forum so not much official here. 

In any case, AFAIK, history is kept whether you are premium or not.  Premium enables access to the history that you don't get with Free.

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5*

To provide an answer to the open question in this thread...

To recap, the question was:

On 11/10/2011 at 4:05 PM, ninjakreborn said:

So basically if you have a premium account and you see your histories show up, then you stop premium for 2 months. During those 2 months does the system still save revision on everything..so that when you go back to being Premium member you can see all that were saved during that time?

Here is an answer directly from Evernote's (at the time he wrote it) VP of Marketing:

Q: As of today I am not a premium member. If I join premium today will I be able to access my history PRIOR to joining premium?

A: Absolutely. There’s no limit on the total size of your Evernote account, only the amount of new notes that you can create in the current month. That means that whether you’re Free or Premium, all of the notes that you have in your account already will always be accessible.

• 5 months later...

Archived