(Archived) Tablet view on phone, PLEASE!

execute_method

Many of us have 4.3"+ displays, and I for one use a custom lcd density to better utilize screen real estate. While this fact is not necessarily relevant to my request, it does give background on how I discovered this.

Until a few versions ago, I automatically had the tablet view in the app when using a custom DPI, as the app thought I had a tablet. I absolutely love the tablet user interface, and with a large screen phone, it is makes MUCH better use of the screen real estate. It is also more KISS, as there is less "layers" to go through to accomplish tasks.

I love the fact that my recent notes are right there when I open the app!! This is great as the phone interface requires me to make 2 screen clicks to view my recent notes.

I bet there would be many others with who would love this, if they knew about it, but anyone without a tablet would probably not even know it existed. I only knew because I set a custom lcd density.

I was VERY upset when this went away after the most recent updates!! I even started looking for a replacement, but there is NO replacement for evernote!

My request would be to allow users the option (maybe in settings) to choose which interface they want to have.

As device displays get larger and have a higher resolution, this option would really make a lot of users happy.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, attached is a screenshot (not mine) of what the tablet view looks like.

post-83463-0-20539800-1320594747_thumb.j

Uau, that's great discovery. Too bad, though, that it doesn't work anymore.

However, I would be happy to see this option reenabled. BTW, I am also

running Android on my phone having 4.3" display (Androidified HTC HD2).

@execute_method: What was your custom DPI setting?

Uau, that's great discovery. Too bad, though, that it doesn't work anymore.

However, I would be happy to see this option reenabled. BTW, I am also

running Android on my phone having 4.3" display (Androidified HTC HD2).

@execute_method: What was your custom DPI setting?

I use 200dpi.

Here is a screenshot:

screenshot-1317249986311.png?w=f671d680

Lol...I have the Galaxy Note (5'3" screen) with tablet view (which I love also)...but. has the notes really oversized....TWO notes per scroll page.

Its a pain to scroll and get any kind of overview.

Would like to be able to reduce this...somehow!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone from evernote confirm if this can be activated?

I was very happy 2 weeks ago because after an update I got the tablet view. I have Viewpad 7 which has a resolution of 800x480 and after reformatting my phone, I got the phone view again.

This phone I use has 7inch LCD and I have set the dpi to 120 instead of the normal 160.

Please help activate this feature.

Hi Pagaling,

Could you do me a favor and send us a log of the Evernote app starting up?

To do this follow these steps all in quick succession:

1. Go to the phone settings screen and kill the evernote app.

2. Launch Evernote

3. Go to Evernote settings screen

4. Go to Support -> Send Log

5. Address the email to android-preview@evernote.com

Thanks,

Jess

Senior Android Developer

• Level 5*

i have an ipad/iphone, so i am an interloper here, but i think that i would really like some more customizability in my experience as well. obviously, there ought to be a default setting, and i expect the majority of users (ios or android) never bother to fiddle around with the settings.

but, there are also many people who put a high priority on the ability to fit an app into their workflow (instead of having to adapt to the app). there are some things i like about the iphone app (i don't have notebook stacks, but i bet people who do appreciate the feature), and there are some things i like in the ipad app, but i have no ability to change anything. there are certainly apps out there (android and ios) that enable the user to customize their experience. i hope that evernote will become one of them!

Hi Jess,

I have sent an email containing the log. I am also pasting the log here.

Thanks for looking into this.

IsTablet: false

Brand: ViewSonic

Model: ViewPad7

Network operator: 51503 / Smart Communications Inc

Android version: 2.2.2

Evernote version: 3.5.1

Evernote revision: 222403

Evernote type: public

Evernote username: paolo@pagaling.com

Internal storage: 46 MB / 171 MB

External storage: 3 GB / 13 GB

SDCardStatus:null

Note count=95

Res count=101

Checking DB status

db pref Path=/mnt/sdcard/Evernote/.external-1328104748107-Evernote.db

on sdcard=true

Path from db instance=/mnt/sdcard/Evernote/.external-1328104748107-Evernote.db

Version=47

Is Read only=false

db file on sdcard exists::167936bytes::lastmodified=1328683328000

Offline Search is deactivated

Here is a simple online tool to know your resolution

http://visita.reggiocal.it/demoapp/browser_agent.htm

My Viewpad 7 default resolution was 800x480 but after changing the lcd density this is my resolution now:

Screen width: 1067px

Screen height: 520px

Document element width: 1067px

Document element height: 520px

iOS device: false

Mobile OS: true

Touch OS: true

Android device: true

User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-gb; ViewPad7 Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Archived