(Archived) How to insert, resize a row in the table?

This might be better responded to in specific client area. What are platform are you using for Evernote?

In some cases, users also prefer to work a table in excel and reimport over to Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

On a mac the columns resize automatically and you can add rows by tabbing from the bottom right hand corner cell.

If you need to do anything more sophisticated at the moment then you need to use another app.

look in the format menu. Phew, I'm exhausted....

Thanks for your response.

Sorry - I thought my signature indicates Windows and android client

I created and use a table (via format>insert table...) and right click for adding/deleting columns,

but I thought it would be nice to read about the table features instead of just playing around and using trial and error to see what;s available.

Any hints as to where?

• Level 5

I created and use a table (via format>insert table...) and right click for adding/deleting columns,

but I thought it would be nice to read about the table features instead of just playing around and using trial and error to see what;s available.

Any hints as to where?

I agree. The documentation is weak.

I could not find Table info in the Knowledgebase or in the Evernote blog. It might be there, just difficult to locate.

Here is a nice feature that I stumbled upon. You can vary the width of the table (when you create it but not afterwards).

Inside the note, click on the Table icon (to the right side of the font name)

Before inserting the table, click on the Options button.

You can modify the Table Width from the full 100% of the window to a smaller percentage.

(3 thumbnail examples of 8x8 tables posted below)

post-53124-0-43305600-1321619811_thumb.p

post-53124-0-20779800-1321619826_thumb.p

post-53124-0-29741000-1321619839_thumb.p

Yup - info on the percentage option and who knows what else, is what I was looking for !! LOL

Using the table on my android device, I found it odd on how it was selecting cells, so I ended up entering a single character (x) in each cell which appeared to allow me to select any cell easily. Then just backspacing before entering data.

Guess that's a work around tip.. :D;):P:) LOL can't make up my mind..

• 2 weeks later...

I would very much like to see some more table editing enhancements.

On Mac:

1) Right-clicking for row, column and cell options (such as inserting, deleting and formatting)

2) Ability to insert rows and columns above or below a given selection

3) Ability to delete rows and columns

At this moment, the only way to add a row is to go to the last cell (bottom-right) and hit the tab key. Not all that useful when you want to insert something in a specific order.

Further, I only get this to work on tables inserted via the native EN function. Copy/pasted tables (I primarily have done this from web pages) are static -- no ability to edit.

Archived