ric

android Android Feature Request: Widget notes sort order

Idea

I like on the latest widget the option to have several notes displayed but it's annoying that I have no way to control the ordering of those notes. I believe it uses last modified date. It would be really nice if I could specify the ordering to be something more useful to me. At least it could respect the ordering method used within the main app, but it would be even better if I could independently specify the ordering either from within the main apps settings or at creation time for the widget (which would provide the opportunity to have different widgets with different orderings).

Thanks.

10 replies to this idea

I would love this too!!!

Update: just noticed that they are actually ordered by last viewed date, which makes them quite easy to quickly re-arrange by just opening and closing the ones you want to see. That said, I would still rather have the same 3 notes of my choice displaying all the time.

I tried to see if it would change based on the view setting in evernote, no different.

It looks like it's the three most recently edited/created notes

Yes, + maybe the possibility to choose one tag for the widget. E.g. to-do-today. A this point my foodrecipes is shown in widget and spoils the overview of importent actionpoint.

post-86860-0-74584800-1327155638_thumb.p

Hey also a widget thing:

When you try to hit the tiny next-bottom, you will be mistanke hit til note-area time after time. Maybe the next/previously bottoms will be better placed below the notes.

It will make me happy

allihop

Any progress being made on this? For an app with such flexibility, this would be a relatively easy update. just add a button for "sort by" and script a simple reorganizing sequence.

No progress on this in last 6 years??  This seems too simple not to be included. And why can't the widget at least take the sort order of the main app.