(Archived) #1 Organizational Feature I miss from Springpad:

rockky

The ability to click on a notebook and get a list of all (clickable) tags within.

This is especially needed/missed on the mobile app as navigation is a bit more difficult there....(ie: still can't display/list notes by tag in a notebook....which is a major oversight).

Sigh....I suppose you can't mention the S word here without the assumption made your spamming somehow.

The list,btw is extensive in terms of Evernote features that have me using evernote predominantly... vs Springpad.

But back to the intended topic...wouldn't it be helpful to longpress any note, or notebook and have the option to view all tags associated with either?

It is a constant way I navigated my workflow in...shhhh(Spad)!

• 3 months later...

I have a feature request similar to this (and I haven't come from Springpad).

From the main screen of the android app (phone edition) I can click on tags to see my nested tags (currently 135).

Or I can tap notebooks and see my notebooks. When I long press on a notebook or stack, the first option on the menu is View Notes.

I'd like the second option to be View Tags which shows the same nested tag view I mentioned before, but only for this notebook/stack. Ideally for both my notebooks, and notebooks that have been shared with me.

I have a feature request similar to this (and I haven't come from Springpad).

From the main screen of the android app (phone edition) I can click on tags to see my nested tags (currently 135).

Or I can tap notebooks and see my notebooks. When I long press on a notebook or stack, the first option on the menu is View Notes.

I'd like the second option to be View Tags which shows the same nested tag view I mentioned before, but only for this notebook/stack. Ideally for both my notebooks, and notebooks that have been shared with me.

Noted. The reason this isn't very easily implemented is our tag structure persists across notebooks, not within, but I definitely see the usecase. It's one of the same reasons discussions around shared notebooks become rather complicated.

Noted. The reason this isn't very easily implemented is our tag structure persists across notebooks, not within, but I definitely see the usecase. It's one of the same reasons discussions around shared notebooks become rather complicated.

I'd like what the Windows app shows when you select a notebook and have "Hide Unassigned Tags" on.

That way I can choose on my mountain bike notebook, and then see my tags "Mtb Skills", "Mtb Workshop" and "Mtb Trails".

Or I can choose my menus notebook and see my tags "Thai", "Mexican" and "Burgers".

• Level 5*

Just so everyone's clear here, as best I can tell, there's no stricture against mentioning, comparing, contrasting, loving or hating competing products such as Springpad. Evernote wants you to be happy and productive in your lives, and hopes that you find Evernote to be the product that makes you so. I haven't seen anything here that's even close to spamming, so no worries...

If Hide Unassigned Tags is what is wanted, to be consistent, it should probably apply in the same way as it does in the Windows client: on the search result set, whether it's from selecting a notebook, or from a search. Unfortunately the notebook view, at least on the Kindle (I'm guessing it's the tablet edition) is different from the search result view: the filtered list of matched notes appears as a scrollable list on the right side and on top of the main display, so things aren't quite all equal. Seems like it might be more consistent to display matched notes in place of the main note view instead, and then you could have access to the tag popout, configured to show/hide unassigned tags.

I hasten to add that I don't really know the in's and outs of why it's like it is currently; I'm nowhere near as facile with the Android app as I am with the Windows client.

I'd like what the Windows app shows when you select a notebook and have "Hide Unassigned Tags" on.

If Hide Unassigned Tags is what is wanted, to be consistent, it should probably apply in the same way as it does in the Windows client: on the search result set, whether it's from selecting a notebook, or from a search. Unfortunately the notebook view, at least on the Kindle (I'm guessing it's the tablet edition) is different from the search result view: the filtered list of matched notes appears as a scrollable list on the right side and on top of the main display, so things aren't quite all equal. Seems like ***** might be more consistent to display matched notes in place of the main note view instead, and then you could have access to the tag popout, configured to show/hide unassigned tags.

Just to be clear, while jefitos idea is quite cool, it might be an overly complicated way of implementing what I'm after.

I like reusing the same tag across multiple notebooks, and just want to find the things that are in one notebook with a given tag, I also use lots of tags (currently 145), but only a few tags per notebook.

Eg, Given one notebook per child, to see Child #1s school reports choose Notebooks, "Jimmy" Notebook, View Tags, School Reports. To see see child #2s reports, choose Notebooks, "Sally" Notebook, View Tags, School Reports.

That way I can choose on my mountain bike notebook, and then see my tags "Mtb Skills", "Mtb Workshop" and "Mtb Trails".

Or I can choose my menus notebook and see my tags "Thai", "Mexican" and "Burgers".

Feature parity! Noted.

Just to be clear, while jefitos idea is quite cool, it might be an overly complicated way of implementing what I'm after.

I like reusing the same tag across multiple notebooks, and just want to find the things that are in one notebook with a given tag, I also use lots of tags (currently 145), but only a few tags per notebook.

Eg, Given one notebook per child, to see Child #1s school reports choose Notebooks, "Jimmy" Notebook, View Tags, School Reports. To see see child #2s reports, choose Notebooks, "Sally" Notebook, View Tags, School Reports.

Not to deflect, but you might gain some traction from using (as some of our more hardcore forum users do) a titling system to help make searching and results more intuitive. That may help fill in the gap in the short term.

Feature parity! Noted.

In podcast #20 (from about 17:30), Dave explains what I want very well.

... it should probably apply in the same way as it does in the Windows client: on the search result set, whether it's from selecting a notebook, or from a search.

I'm reading the book Total Recall by Gordon Bell, and have started the Map feature in Android for life logging. It would be awesome to be able to visualise the results of a search on the map.

Archived