(Archived) How can I sign out?

Nashvillian

Idea

21 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Just trying to forestall the inevitable ("hey, I did what you said, and I had to wait an hour for the x notes in the other account to sync, that's not a very good idea"), I guess. I think I'll just scurry back into my nice warm Windows cave...

• Level 5

Sure, it would be nice to sign out of the Mac, but...

With the amount of keyloggers and malware out there, as well as the easy ability to retrieve deleted information, I would never log on to Evernote, or my bank account, or my credit card web site using someone else's laptop computer.

No, I don't believe you can.

Co-workers could only see your notebooks if you are sharing an Evernote account.

Yup you could - go to File Info and remove your user name and password, then delete your data from user/library/application support/evernote and then open the app again and enter your personal account info.

Just double checking... Am I correct in assuming that all of that data is on the Evernote server so deleting it in user/library/application support/evernote would not mean I would lose any of it?

Yup, apart from local notebooks that you can export first and reimport.

I take it a "local notebook" is something I'd have to specifically set up to be local, right? So I wouldn't have any of those.

From an Evernote perspective, the web is always the source of truth.

That actually clears up my thinking a bit. Thanks. That's a useful way to think about it.

• Level 5*

Co-workers could only see your notebooks if you are sharing an Evernote account.

Yup you could - go to File Info and remove your user name and password, then delete your data from user/library/application support/evernote and then open the app again and enter your personal account info.

Just double checking... Am I correct in assuming that all of that data is on the Evernote server so deleting it in user/library/application support/evernote would not mean I would lose any of it?

Yup, apart from local notebooks that you can export first and reimport.

From an Evernote perspective, the web is always the source of truth.

• Level 5*
Well, for one thing, you can't search using words less than five letters -- like "sign" and "off" and "log." I've NEVER seen that in a search engine.
Where did you find this limitation mentioned? It doesn't say anything about this is the search help notes, that I could find. I really doubt that's a limitation. I'm thinking more on the lines that the search just isn't working properly.

If you try to search for a short word in Advanced Search, e.g. "key", it will tell you:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Well, for one thing, you can't search using words less than five letters -- like "sign" and "off" and "log." I've NEVER seen that in a search engine.

Where did you find this limitation mentioned? It doesn't say anything about this is the search help notes, that I could find. I really doubt that's a limitation. I'm thinking more on the lines that the search just isn't working properly.

Just go to the top right of this page, click on the green magnifying glass and type in "How do I sign out" and you'll get this error message:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Yup. But I'm having a problem finding the old threads in the new board. Actually, I'm having a problem finding any threads in the new board. Don't know if the search function isn't my friend anymore or if I'm doing something wrong. :wacko:

• Level 5*

But that causes a complete sync of all of the data in the second account, doesn't it?

Hasn't this conversation already happened???

A few dozen times - yup, my third point was in response to his suggestion to use his personal account and access shared work notebooks.

Yup. But I'm having a problem finding the old threads in the new board. Actually, I'm having a problem finding any threads in the new board. Don't know if the search function isn't my friend anymore or if I'm doing something wrong. :wacko:

• Level 5*

But that causes a complete sync of all of the data in the second account, doesn't it?

• Level 5*

I don't suppose I could have two Evernote apps and use one for each?

If I share personal notebooks with my work account, wouldn't that mean that co-workers could see my personal notebooks?

How about if I change the Evernote app to my personal account? Could I then share my work notebooks with my personal account? Would that make sense?

• Level 5*

This isn't supported in the current client (and you are on a really old version by the way) - if you google "Evernote account switcher" there are a couple of third party options available, at your own risk obviously.

Archived