(Archived) Editor formating

kipper3d

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The underlying ENML note representation does allow for h1, h2, etc. elements from XHTML (so they're something you could add with the ENML Editor (see http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/19479-announcing-an-online-enml-editor/), but the clients don't support creation of all of the allowable elements via their UI. I think that they're there because it's useful to have them when translating from web pages that you've clipped, but providing full-on editing for, what, 14 different clients, is a bit of a task.

Another issue is that H1 means different things to different people (and different pieces of software, including our different clients). Personally, I'd be concerned that it caused more confusion than anything else.

The feature of inserting and editing headings is actually supported on the iOS client: http://blog.evernote...for-ios-update/:

[...] You can now add styled text (bold, italic, underline), highlight existing text, add URLs, create header text, and make lists. [...]

In addition, I don't quite understand the argument of possible confusion. Tags like h1 etc. are actually allowed in an Evernote content.

Im talking about Paragraph styles. sorry I couldn't figure out how to explain it earlier. Its just stupid that evernote doesn't have this. It makes total sense to have it.

I simply wish to format my content without having to resort to the tedious process of highlight titles, make bold and then increase font size.

• Level 5*

A simple Style feature would be welcomed, and would save a lot of time for me.

Due to problems in Web Clipping, or copy/paste from other apps, I often need to apply my "standard" style:

• Verdana
  • 14 pt
  • Black text

We don't need anything nearly as complex as Word Paragraph Style, but just a simple Style where you can set the half-dozen or so formatting attributes.

Since these would be HTML attributes, it should work across all EN Clients.

SHIFT-OPTION-COMMAND-V

That's the OS-wide command in OSX to paste and match the style of the destination. no need for format-match or other 3rd party plugins. Also you can do OPTION-COMMAND-C OPTION-COMMAND-V to copy paste the style of a text selection.

• Level 5*

SHIFT-OPTION-COMMAND-V

That's the OS-wide command in OSX to paste and match the style of the destination. no need for format-match or other 3rd party plugins. Also you can do OPTION-COMMAND-C OPTION-COMMAND-V to copy paste the style of a text selection.

Thanks for the "SHIFT-OPTION-COMMAND-V" suggestion. This seems to work OK in Evernote.

However, "OPTION-COMMAND-V" does NOT work in Evernote Mac.

Archived