(Archived) Feature request : 'private' note

what you can do is get premium which has a PIN number option for notebooks and notes. If you really need a private and protected notes, then put it on a PIN protected notebook.

It's only avaliable on with Premium though.

PINs are not available on all clients. AFAIK, only iPhone/Android & Mac. And, AFAIK, the PIN only applies to the app, not particular notebooks. At least on the iPhone app.

what you can do is get premium which has a PIN number option for notebooks and notes. If you really need a private and protected notes, then put it on a PIN protected notebook.

It's only avaliable on with Premium though.

PINs are not available on all clients. AFAIK, only iPhone/Android & Mac. And, AFAIK, the PIN only applies to the app, not particular notebooks. At least on the iPhone app.

I think that's what the OP meant, for all of the notebooks and notes to have a PIN lock. But it would be nice for Evernote to have a PIN or password lock for specific notebooks and notes, and tags, and photos, etc. Adds to the two step authendication which is nice too.

I think that's what the OP meant, for all of the notebooks and notes to have a PIN lock. But it would be nice for Evernote to have a PIN or password lock for specific notebooks and notes, and tags, and photos, etc. Adds to the two step authendication which is nice too.

IMO, it's pretty clear what OP meant:

It would be nice to have ability to mark a notebook (or particular note) as 'private'.

'Private' notes should not be displayed in preview/list (it'll be handy to have a button/checkbox like 'show private notes' on toolbar).

Palm used to have this option. All non-private notes would be displayed but notes marked 'private' would not be displayed unless a PIN to display private notes was entered. Then all the private notes would be displayed as well. This PIN was different from the PIN to get into the device (unless the user made them the same PIN, which would be pretty silly.) And based upon EN's stance on security, I doubt this will be forthcoming anytime soon, if ever.

IMO, it's pretty clear what OP meant.

exactly.

Archived