Updates to the Evernote Discussion Forums! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
prateek

Error obtaining temporary credentials

I am getting an error while clicking on to get temporary credentials & the error is "Error obtaining temporary credentials: making the request failed (SSL connect error)" ...I tried to disable ssl,but it was not working.

I am doing it on online server,I have downloaded this from evernote website,then after going inside directory for php/sample/oauth,then clicking on to get temporary credentialis is giving such error.

I just tested the example and it works fine. Are you having connection issues on your server? Try the script on you local machine (or another server) and see how it goes.

I am using the latest oauth version,on our site ssl is not enabled,And if I am using the function $oauth->disableSSLChecks(); ,it is not working,and the error is coming like as I am attaching the screenshot with this as named "error.png"

You could see if that's really the problem by running a test using http://www.evernote.com/... in your requests instead of HTTPS, but you need to use HTTPS when you implement OAuth for real. Your server doesn't need to support inbound SSL, but you need to be able to make the outbound HTTPS request. It sounds like perhaps your SSL client stack isn't trusting our SSL server certificate.

Are you using the example from our SDK? Are you starting it from your local machine or an online server?

i m getting same error .i m working on localhost

how to solve this problem

Sign in to follow this