(Archived) Snippet View - Remove Note Preview

remedy5

Idea

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the date and notes preview from the 'notes title' column Snippet View? I like the vertical columns but would like to eliminate everything but the title. The final view would look like the List View but in the vertical tile layout.

Thanks for the help.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The Snippet View is great.

I use it 80% of my time on Evernote.

There is no way to remove or hide the date, tags, and intro summary.

Occasionally I will want to review just the titles, so I swap over to the List view for a few moments, make my changes and swap back to Snippet. The list view headers can be widened and moved around to fit your needs.

Snippet View date "bug"? If the date of a note is today's or yesterday's in snippet view it shows in short date format; however in list and thumbnail view it show in the format of "Today, time" OR "Yesterday, time".

This seems like a bug or at least an inconsistency, and I for one hope EN will fix it.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
Snippet View date "bug"? If the date of a note is today's or yesterday's in snippet view it shows in short date format; however in list and thumbnail view it show in the format of "Today, time" OR "Yesterday, time".

This seems like a bug or at least an inconsistency, and I for one hope EN will fix it.

Thanks.

Have you opened a support ticket?

And we're STILL waiting for the List view to be reformatted to have the same layout as the Snippet view - with the list vertical and the notes to the right.

Now I admit I haven't installed the latest Mac version of Evernote - I'm still on my backgraded v3.3.0 after my disastrous first encounter with the "upgraded" v5.  So I've just been watching and waiting, reading this forum, before taking the plunge and upgrading again.

However, as far as I know (and I could be wrong here) the List view still has the List ABOVE the Note.  Which is all wrong on a desktop or laptop with a screen that is wider than it is tall.

So, if I'm right and the latest Mac version still has List view above the Notes - WHY is it so?  Any hints, Jackolicious?  Is there anything in the pipeline to rectify this glaring piece of bad design that has been there since the beginning? 

List view, with the List itself being vertical where the Snippets are, would be wonderful!

Oh, and while we're at it - any chance of bringing back full Configuration capabilities for the Toolbar?

OK - now I'll get back in my basket and shut up - again... ;)

Archived