(Archived) How to stop EN from emailing me copies of email uploads

Is there a way to stop Evernote from sending me a copy of every email I send to my Evernote email address? I use the email upload feature extensively to send notes and PDF files to my Evernote account (from an address that is different than the one I registered with) but it's a cumbersome to have to go back to my inbox and delete the CC'd copies of every note I send to the EN email address.

If one cannot disable this feature in Evernote, then I can see two alternatives:

1. Send the email from the email that I registered my Evernote account with. [i would prefer not to do this as this would be just as cumbersome].

2. Create a filter using my email service to delete these emails.

I too was just searching for a way to turn this off. Every now and then I will send myself a quick reminder via email and was looking for a way to turn off the "Emailing to Evernote: Tips to Help You Organize" email that clutters up my inbox. I did not see anyway to directly turn this off... Evernote needs a way to just disable these. However I did find a way to stop the email from Evernote. Send the email with a tag in the subject. My guess is, like you, I was just sending the email with a blank subject, then back at my computer would go through my Evernote inbox, tag, and move accordingly. If you send the email to your Evernote email address with a tag in the subject, the email from Evernote is not sent...

Hi, just need to clarify one thing.

1) Are you receiving a copy of the email you forwarded to your registered account email address every time you email a note into Evernote?

or

2) Are you receiving "Emailing to Evernote: Tips to Help You Organize" email with tips and trix about this feature every time you email a note into Evernote?

or both?

Thanks for notifying us.

1) Are you receiving a copy of the email you forwarded to your registered account email address every time you email a note into Evernote?

or

2) Are you receiving "Emailing to Evernote: Tips to Help You Organize" email with tips and trix about this feature every time you email a note into Evernote?

or both?

Thanks for notifying us.

Scenario #1 - From any mail client sending an email

To: doejohn.4562@m.evernote.com

Subject: Note to self

Body: Note to self

Result:

#1 - This generates the email "Emailing to Evernote: Tips to Help You Organize" EVERY TIME to the email account on file with Evernote.

#2 - Places a note in the inbox of Evernote with Title: Note to self Tags: n/a

Expected Result:

#1 - Upon first use of this feature Evernote realizes email does not have a tag in the subject and sends the information email. Not every time.

#2 - If Evernote wants to send an email notification every single time an email is sent without a tag, give the user a method to turn that feature off.

Scenario #2 - From any mail client sending an email

To: doejohn.4562@m.evernote.com

Subject: Note to self w/Tag #.task

Body: Note to self w/Tag

Result:

#1 - An email is NOT generated

#2 - A note appears in the inbox of Evernote. Title: Note to self w/Tag Tags:.task

#3 - This is the expected result.

Thanks for the reply and hope this helps...

Chris

Thanks Chris and sorry for the inconvenience. The expected behavior is to only receive the email if your account does not have any notes created from emailing to your EN address.

As a temporary workaround:

- Leave one emailed note in your account. That should stop further emails from being sent.

or

or both?

Thanks for notifying us.

Just to clarify, this is what is happening:

I registered an evernote account under a gmail address "registeredgmailaddress@gmail.com"

I send an email using a different email address (anotheraddress@gmail.com) addressed to my evernote upload email (username.3232@m.evernote.com) as follows:

To: username.3232@m.evernote.com

Body: Note to self buy groceries today

I then get an exact copy of the above email in my inbox for anotheraddress@gmail.com. I do NOT get a copy in my inbox for registeredgmailaddress@gmail.com.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I continue to get this occasionally when I send e-mail in to Evernote.

Evernote Tip: Sending Email into Evernote

You just emailed a note into your Evernote account. Well done!

Here's a tip: you can send notes into specific notebooks and assign tags by adding some simple information into the subject of the email. Here's how:

• Notebook: Add @[notebook name] to the end of the subject line.
  • Tag: Add #[tag name] at the end of the subject line. This feature works with existing tags in your account.

Be sure to follow this order: subject, notebook name, tags.

Example subject line:

Fwd: Recipe for Bouillabaisse @Recipes #soup #fish #french

- The Evernote team

I have plenty of notes emailed in to my Evernote account and supposedly this should result in this e-mail not being sent. I have no desire to continue to receive these e-mails really there should be an option to turn this off. Is there such an option or is there one in the works? Thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just upgrade to Evernote Business today and I am seeing this behavior (I get the Evernote Tip: Sending Email into Evernote email every time)

Don't remember seeing this on my personal/free account. In fact I just tested it and I don't get an email...

Archived