Date and time stamp(s)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for this feature request as well. As a new user of EN I want to be able to continue using labeling conventions I have come to use on other documents/files.

Possible example:

A button in the icon bar of a new note that when tapped would bring up a small window with the option of picking one of the following choices:

Date & Time (01/01/2011 : 1345)

Date (2011/01/01)

Time (05:00 PM)

The format/layout of this data would be selected in the settings menu which would offer the choice of the various date and time entry formats used worldwide.

HTC EVO

• 4 months later...

If I may also add: I use EN extensively for maintaining my work logs for both In-House and Out-House ( or should I say, In-Field...) time sensitive jobs. I create a note at Start of Job and then throw in all manner of entry types as the job progresses. A final entry made at the End of Job or End of Job Session marks the End Time On Job.

Most jobs are completed in one day but, if said job is stopped or completed when I'm in the Out-House or In-Field and using my Galaxy Note (brag, brag) and not a PC, I have to jump through flaming hoops to discover Start Time and End Time. Yes; I'm lazy but, I'm thinking my tech tools should be handling all that extraneous stuff while I turn the nuts, bolts and screws and push those buttons...

Oh; If a client wants to know what I did to justify the time they pay me for... Guess what I give them access to!

EverNote.... I Love You but, there's room to love you more in Android. Please give us Date AND Time Stamps just like you do in Windows.............

Love ,

RAy .

I work in a call center and start a new note for each shift. Then I make comments on each call in the one big note. I can time stamp each call when I use evernote in windows, but I'd like to switch to my tablet, and there's no way to timestamp in android that I can find. No shift-alt-d in the android version of evernote. When can we expect some way to timestamp in android? Also, as long as you might do a button for android, it would be nice if there were a button for this in the windows version too. Old fingers find a three key chord kind of challenging. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just switched last week to a Samsung Galaxy Note, its my first Android phone after two years with the iphone and I am loving Evernote on that gorgous huge screen (although search appears broken on the current release).

I would also love to be able to time stamp dates/times within notes via a button. I am involved in a hugely complex multi-channel customer contact strategy project and have hundreds of notes of meetings and technical specifications. It would save loads of time building up action logs stored in each note.

• 4 weeks later...

Ditto! Timestamps on Antroid (and iOS) is more or less my #1 wish. I use EN on my Galaxy Nexus to capture project details into a NOTES note when I'm out in the field, and it's distracting to poke in the date while I'm trying to pay attention plus remember exactly what I need to write (a better brain would solve this, but then I wouldn't need EN in the first place).

I really like the suggestion that the Timestamp button offer buttons to select Date, Time, or Both.

Bu the way (while I'm dreaming), instead of a timestamp button, I could also be happy with text shortcuts, like "qd" for Date, "qt" for Time. and "qdt" for Date + Time. I like the "q" prefix because it is pretty much never followed by anything by a "u". Then we could also define our own personal text shortcuts (ala, Blackberry).

--Scott

Ditto! Timestamps on Antroid (and iOS) is more or less my #1 wish. I use EN on my Galaxy Nexus to capture project details into a NOTES note when I'm out in the field, and it's distracting to poke in the date while I'm trying to pay attention plus remember exactly what I need to write (a better brain would solve this, but then I wouldn't need EN in the first place).

I really like the suggestion that the Timestamp button offer buttons to select Date, Time, or Both.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for this feature request.

I've been using CopiPe to produce the timestamps and paste them in to evernote and whilst this works, it is very clunky.

Judging by the feedback here, I am not the only one who really needs this feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please add my vote for this feature. Like many others, I insert timestamps for every single entry in my client contact notes, and while I can "automate" that in Windows (Autohotkey), I'm constantly having to do it by hand on my mobile devices. I'd have to vote this as the feature I most anxiously await in EN!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I quite often run a log on notes. With android there is currently nothing on the menu button when editing. I would be happy to see something there or a new Icon maybe replacing one of the less used insert options like Italics.

I use the following format in windows 2012-08-20 08:15 AM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I also ran into this issue, I wanted to add timestamps to my notes. I developed an app that can share date and time to any application, I called it 'Time Share'. :)

You can set up Time Share so that when you tap one of the launcher icons, a new note will be created in Evernote with a time stamp. You can also set up Time Share so that when you tap the copy launch icon actual time will be copied to clipboard and Evernote will start up. Follow my links for more info.

You can test if this is something for you by downloading the trial app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shhh.Apps.TimeShareTrial'>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shhh.Apps.TimeShareTrial

The sharp version without delay:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shhh.Apps.TimeShare

/Simon

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Cross-platform date-time stamp seems essential to me. I can see this will be one of my biggest problems using and sharing Evernote notebooks. Date-time stamps with per-notebook date-time formatting would prevent the headaches I'm sure to have trying to query for notes with certain dates in them. Odds are there will be no consistency in how others format dates typed in manually.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived