(Archived) Offline on Droid 3

vogelap

I am an Evernote Premium subscriber.

If I take notebooks offline on my Android (Droid 3):

1. Are notes added to the offline notebook on the Android sync’d back to the main notebook?

2. Are notes added to the main notebook on my PC synced to the offline notebook on my Android?

3. How are those syncs triggered?

4. How do I transform an offline notebook back into an online notebook? Do I lose data in doing so?

5. Can Evernote Android be configured to store the offline notebooks on sdcard-ext?

On iPhone, the only difference between any notebook & an "offline" notebook is that the notes within that notebook are stored locally on the device. If the notebook is not designated as an "offline" notebook, only the header information for the notes (in that notebook) is downloaded to the device. If you wanted to view the note, you'd need an internet connection to download it from the EN servers. I'd imagine the Android app functions similarly.

I am an Evernote Premium subscriber.

If I take notebooks offline on my Android (Droid 3):

1. Are notes added to the offline notebook on the Android sync’d back to the main notebook?

2. Are notes added to the main notebook on my PC synced to the offline notebook on my Android?

3. How are those syncs triggered?

4. How do I transform an offline notebook back into an online notebook? Do I lose data in doing so?

5. Can Evernote Android be configured to store the offline notebooks on sdcard-ext?

Hi,

"offline notebook" feature is any normal notebook which you can store on device and access without a network connection.

Any changes made to any (offline or not) notebook on the phone or web gets synced automatically when the phone has network.

The word "offline" is just to say that this is stored on your phone.

Thanks,

Hemant

• Level 5*

I'm using a reasonably large account with one main notebook "offline" on the 'phone, so searchable when (..er..) offline. If I add a note via my phone it gets synced up to the herd when I'm next in wifi range (I have it set up to sync via wifi only in preferences) and then down to my desktop. There doesn't seem to be an issue whether I add notes from the desktop or the droid end. Syncs from both are "as soon as", or when I hit the Sync button. It all seems to work fine.

Archived