(Archived) REQUEST: Structured data

I've seen this menionted a few times...but I have not seen a response from Evernote.

Is managing structured data on the roadmap for future updates?

I find I still need to use MS Access for many small databases, strcutured lists etc... and then manually bring them into Evernote.

I have a poor mans workaround where for Notebook X, I have two notes

• [*:2e2ehbmy] one note , for the EDIT function, is a macro to launch MS access, which allows me to make the data changes I want. When I exit, it launches another marco to export the data into an HTM file, to a specified folder, which Evernote then auto imports
    [*:2e2ehbmy]the second note , is for DISPLAY, to show that HTM file.

It would of coruse be more elegant if native Evernote had a simple but structured database/worksheet feature.

• Level 5*
I've seen this menionted a few times...but I have not seen a response from Evernote.

That may be because Evernote doesn't always (or even often) pre-announce their development roadmap. It's an interesting idea, but may be more complicated for them to add, particularly UI-wise, than they wish to tackle at the moment. You might be better served by adding the database as an attachment, then activating it when you need to make changes.

• 5 months later...

This would be most useful. For many years I've used essentialPIM. The great thing I like about it is the folders within folders feature and the contacts section where you can sort on columns (that I've modified to fit my purposes). Unfortunately they don't have an Android version, and I also need a more robust way to manage lots of worksheets where I can edit them locally and sync easily for online viewing.

If Evernote has a more robust way to embed worksheets into notes where columns can be sorted on and the worksheets can be synced that would be great.

• Level 5*

Spreadsheets are embeddable as attachments, and usually handled by programs resident on the client's OS. Nothing in the client itself knows anything about the spreadsheet contents or allows you to manipulate them.

Archived