(Archived) Macbook Air 2011 Evernote distortion when scrolling

marito17

Idea

Hi,

I purchased a 2011 MBA 13" 3 weeks ago and installed Evernote right away. It was working fine until today. I am not able to scroll (mouse or with keyboard down arrow). If I scroll, the text or images in the note get distorted. If I click away from the note and come back, the distortion goes away. Anyone seeing this strange error?

Thx

Mario

27 replies to this idea

The re-installation fix didn't sound like it would work to me.

I have installed Evernote brand new on both my MacBook Air and an iMac and the problem was there right from the start in each case.

So I don't know what a re-install would have given me over a brand new install.

I also have it on a Windoze 7 machine without the problem.

As I said before if you change to one of the other view options the problem doesn't occur.

Only in snippet view.

Cheers,

Terry.

I use a desktop mac, with lion, plenty of RAM etc. And I am having the same problem. Exactly the same. I do not have the problem if I keep the items posted as an icon, however, it is far less convenient, obviously. Is there a solution or fix for this? I was hoping the Lion update would take care of this.

If you have details about your graphics card that could be useful. This is still a known issue that we're working on. Having a hard time nailing it down, thanks for your patience.

I get healthcare, company car, hookers at the weekend and bolivian marching powder throughout the week to keep me going.

You can expense those last two?? When did that policy change?

I use a desktop mac, with lion, plenty of RAM etc. And I am having the same problem. Exactly the same. I do not have the problem if I keep the items posted as an icon, however, it is far less convenient, obviously. Is there a solution or fix for this? I was hoping the Lion update would take care of this.

• Level 5*
A couple of people on here have reported that a complete re-install including a fresh download of data resolves this.

If you are going to delete the data from your machine then remember to export any local notebooks first.

I suggested that the re-install had worked for a couple of people.

I get healthcare, company car, hookers at the weekend and bolivian marching powder throughout the week to keep me going.

Erm, there is a fix I think.

You'll need to do a complete re-install, data and all but then I think you will be fine. Remember to export your local notebooks and sync any un-sync'd notes.

By the way, before I went Premium I found Evernote support to be really quite good. The only difference between free user and premium support is that a premium user will have his ticket with dealt with first.

Incredibly whiny post - well done.

I can assure you that reinstalling does not fix this problem. I tried this, deleting every file in the Library and it did not work. The scrolling distortion bug on Lion still persists. It was useful for wasting an hour of my time, though.

How much do they pay you, by the way?

2010 13" Macbook Air upraded to Lion.

New Evernote user, really liking it.

But seeing the same problem as listed above.

The only additional comment I would make is that it only occurs in "Snippet View".

Doesn't happen in list view or thumbnail view at least not for me.

Not a deal breaker but Snippet View is the one I would like to use and currently can't.

Currently considering a wider deployment of Evernote, would be good to see this fixed.

Cheers,

Terry

• Level 5*

Erm, there is a fix I think.

You'll need to do a complete re-install, data and all but then I think you will be fine. Remember to export your local notebooks and sync any un-sync'd notes.

By the way, before I went Premium I found Evernote support to be really quite good. The only difference between free user and premium support is that a premium user will have his ticket with dealt with first.

Incredibly whiny post - well done.

I am having this problem on my iMac running OS X Lion. The problem does not exist on MacBookPros running Snow.

This is clearly a Lion issue that Evernote apparently hasn't got time to fix. They have known about this issue at least since February when the beta came out, and refused to fix it then, citing that "we don't fix software for beta releases". Apparently they don't for OS's that have been around for a while either.

It's VERY irritating to put your notes in, but not be able to read them, or scroll though your list of notes. I send a screenshot to the support folks, but then, I'm a "free" user, so my vote won't count.

If you are a paid customer, so to speak, maybe if you're using Lion, you could complain and get us a fix please?

• Level 5*

A couple of people on here have reported that a complete re-install including a fresh download of data resolves this.

If you are going to delete the data from your machine then remember to export any local notebooks first.

I don't know what your distortion looks like, but the problem most likely has to do with the new "elastic" scrolling in Lion. If you over-scroll, going past the boundaries, it happens for sure. Selecting another note and causing it to re-draw fixes it. Sometimes it just happens while scrolling normally or reversing directions mid-scroll...

I'm really surprised such big bugs like this get out the door, so it makes me think it has to do with something obscure like hardware acceleration on older machines that the developers may not be using (I have a "Late 2008" unibody macbook pro with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB, for what it's worth) Yet, I've never seen anything like it elsewhere, so unless there's some kind of funny custom openGL code that still seems unlikely. Again, surprised...

Attached is an example of scrolling a note with an image. Hope it gets fixed soon--version 3 has been a veritable mine field.

I deleted all the notes in the trash folder and the issue went away. Could it be the amount of space the notes were taking? Strange... I updated to the latest release of evernote and the latest updates to Lion and the issues continued. I restarted and nothing fixed it either. It was just deleting the trash that fixed hte issue. I can't replicate it right now so I can't provide you a screen shot. Thx.

Archived