Feature Request: New Note shortcut

SamCarson

Idea

As the not so proud owner of the HTC Wildfire, with its tiny on-board memory, I have to move Evernote on to the SD card. This means: no widget. Which means I can't create a note lickity-split from the home screen. I have to launch the app, etc. Usually, I create a new note in FreeNote instead and then "Share" it into Evernote. No big deal, but it is an extra step. I have tried to figure out what the Evernote Action Intents are so I can set up a Tasker Shortcut, but have been unsuccessful so far.

My request is that generic New Note shortcuts are made available. Currently, you can shortcut to a single note. However, it would be really helpful if all the buttons on the widget also had generic shortcuts assigned to them, for those who move the app to SD, or want to have access to buttons without using a 4X1 widget area.

Also, it would be great if you let us know what the action intents are for new notes, so that they could be built into Tasker workflows (for example, making automatic call logs, etc.).

Thanks!

Sam

3 replies to this idea

My request is that generic New Note shortcuts are made available.

I second this request but in the mean time I have a simple workaround for you that is much easier than using Tasker. If you use LauncherPro (or ADW or a bunch of other home screen alternatives) you can add custom shortcuts. In LancherPro you add the shortcut, then choose "Activities" then it brings up a list of all the apps. Under each app you can build a shortcut to any action. For the new note you choose: com.evernote.ui.NewNoteActivity.

Hope this helps.

Archived