(Archived) Can't drag clipper to toolbar in IE8

FactMan

• Level 5*

The title is self explanatory - I am trying to do it on a work computer where they have locked down installation of any programs, so I am figuring it's probably something done by IT. Any tips on what I should look for to try and work around just installing the clipper?

• Level 5*

Talk to your IT people?

I mean, where I work, circumventing IT policy is generally a serious offense, but sometimes, they implement blanket policies, and can be persuaded. Or go to your boss and let them know how useful Evernote is in performing your job.

Generally IT can grant temporary permissions for installation of certain programs on company tech. But like Jefito mentioned, you'd want to keep in line with company policy and work your IT dept and boss to figure out what's best.

Geoff's my go-to guy for dealing with uber-restrictive corporate security policies. I've also found that a nice, reasoned explanation of why you need a certain thing, accompanied by a box of chocolates/donuts/cookies will generally get you far with IT.

• Level 5*

Thanks - we are a very small (10) group of people who are part of a much larger organization, so we only get a visit from the IT "person" every so often - so the box of chocolates is not very practical ... The reason I asked the question was that I wanted to make sure that there was not some feature of IE that I needed to turn on to be able to install just the clipper and have the notes go directly to the web version. Now I know that I need to have EN installed, I can make inquiries about how to achieve that objective "legally." Thanks again!

Archived