Sign in to follow this  
swami

mac (Archived) EV 3.0 Color

Why follow Apple and remove color? Makes a drab, dull, unexciting app. I wish you will put color back.

There was plenty of discussion on this in the beta thread and Evernote seem pretty set on their design choice.

Thanks Metrodon, I will have to live with the new color called: gray color

grEy is British/Australian spelling. grAy is American spelling. Both are right.

I'm trying to encourage all forum users to speak the correct Queen's English - it's a tough job :lol:

Hey, however much we American Anglophiles love her, she's your queen. Ours is Sarah Palin, I think...

Hey, however much we American Anlglophiles love her, she's your queen. Ours is Sarah Palin, I think...

To use some 'merican inglish - awesome!!! :lol:

I have to say I'm pretty allergic to the complete grey look in Mac OS X Lion as well - it's the biggest (perhaps the only) drawback with Lion so far. And I find it disturbing to see other apps (like Evernote) following suit.

When I look at the Resources folder for Evernote though, the colour icons are still there, meaning that this is handled the same way the Finder, Mail, iTunes all handle these icons - some kind of mask is imposed on the icons.

Now, I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that Apple is including this masking code with Lion, and that the Finder, Mail, iTunes and also third-party application vendors like Evernote are making use of this code. Is it possible to find this code and disable this somehow?

Maybe Apple and Evernote don't want to provide this simple functionality, but perhaps some enterprising programmer somewhere is up to the task.

When I look at the Resources folder for Evernote though, the colour icons are still there

That is because the coloured icons are used when Evernote is installed on Snow Leopard as far as I have understood. It has already been commented that Evernote most likely will not be offering the option to have the coloured icons.

Hey, however much we American Anlglophiles love her, she's your queen. Ours is Sarah Palin, I think...

Mine is Paul Lynde.

Mine is Paul Lynde.

Hollywood Squares, where are you now?

To use some 'merican inglish - awesome!!! :D

If you're talking American English, don't you mean "ah-sum!!!" ? At least, that's how it sounds to us on the right-hand side of the big pond ;-)

@gbarry I'm really interested to see what you linked to. I’d love to see the colour toolbar back in Evernote — at least as an option! The different colours help distinguish one icon from the next.

Ah, yes, this was pre-move to the new spot. Link was directed here: