(Archived) Things I'd like Skitch to do...

Metrodon

Can I also add that I would LOVE Skitch to be able to capture a scrolling web page? Found this feature to be very useful when using another screen capture program for the PC. Have found myself needing this feature many times recently on my Mac. Thanks.

Try this:

1. Click on the menu on the top left of the Skitch OR in the Skitch 'Capture' menu

2. Choose 'Snap from Link'

3. Enter the link (URL) of the site page you want to capture and press OK.

4. Use the switch on the bottom left of the frame to toggle between overview and 100% view

I want a shortcut to copy the link to clipboard after i uploaded my screenshot/image to my server.

workflow:

- shortcut (cmd+3) to take screenshot

- shortcut (cmd+1) to upload to server and put link to clipboard

- paste the link anywhere I want

is this possible? I dont like to click

Thank you

I just want skitch to automatically (or by shortcut) put the generated URL in my clipboard.

I dont need another tool ... I want to make a screenshot and in the next step the URL should be in my clipboard to paste it somewhere.

why is this not working? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just started using SkitchPlus for MAC today.

I have a MacBook Pro attached to Apple 27" Display Port Monitor. I am not able so far to find a way for Skitch to recognize or use the external monitors built in iSight camera for a snap. A preference setting in Skitch to use the appropriate camera would be nice!

Thanks...

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to edit a circle or square after placing it. I like to place an oval around some words. If my initial size is not right I'd like to be able to stretch the length or height appropriately. Now I have to delete and redraw - trial and error. This would augment the ability to drag. I'd also like to be able to stretch an arrow after placing it. Even change the angle.

I'd like to be able to edit a circle or square after placing it. I like to place an oval around some words. If my initial size is not right I'd like to be able to stretch the length or height appropriately. Now I have to delete and redraw - trial and error. This would augment the ability to drag. I'd also like to be able to stretch an arrow after placing it. Even change the angle.

Agreed! I've played around with this and seems there should be an edit mode to resize things.

I am not sure if Skitch could do this already, but I would LOVE to clip to Evernote directly from the app. I hate having to send it to the skitch website and THEN clip it to Evernote. Half the time, if not all of it, I actually am skitching so I can clip to evernote right away.

I would love for this functionality to be added in the future, but since you guys have your hands full, no pressure.

I am not sure if Skitch could do this already, but I would LOVE to clip to Evernote directly from the app. I hate having to send it to the skitch website and THEN clip it to Evernote. Half the time, if not all of it, I actually am skitching so I can clip to evernote right away.

I would love for this functionality to be added in the future, but since you guys have your hands full, no pressure.

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we are looking at adding to the MAC client, I do not have an eta on when this will be accomplished but rest assured I would like to see this implemented for my own usage too :)

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we are looking at adding to the MAC client, I do not have an eta on when this will be accomplished but rest assured I would like to see this implemented for my own usage too :)

YES PLEASE. Would save a step and be inclusive to Evernote instead of feeling like a separate app that saves to EN anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like Skitch to have a blurring tool to conceal sensitive informtaion!

Noted and logged for the Skitch guys to review.

So I actually used Skitch to block out my personal email in the videos I created for the forum. Thought it was WAY cooler to just use the pink pen tool and write the words BOOM! over it, rather than blurring. Pizazz, I think is the word that best describes it.

Thanks for your feedback. This is something we are looking at adding to the MAC client, I do not have an eta on when this will be accomplished but rest assured I would like to see this implemented for my own usage too :P

Can you just drag the Skitch to your Evernote icon in the dock to create a new note? Is that not what you mean?

• 3 months later...

I'm glad I found this thread.

I just got a Wacom tablet. Things I would love for Skitch to do?

Assignable keyboard shortcuts and gestures to the tools.

I would like if I press a button on my Wacom pen, it will bring a popup so I can adjust pen thickness.

I would like if I can assign keyboard shortcuts to the tools I use most.

I would like implementation of gestures. Wouldn't it be cool to pinch to resize? Better than dragging that corner! Or rotate gesture to rotate the entire canvas?

Also... what about a highlighter tool? Would be nice to have rather than having to change the color, opacity, and pen thickness each time I feel like highlighting something.

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on when skitch will add an auto sync to evernote with each clipping? It's extremely tedious to have to share on skitch.com and then utilize "Evernote Site Memory." The dragging is great for the occasional note, but is hugely cumbersome for constant clipping. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I'm glad I found this thread.

I just got a Wacom tablet. Things I would love for Skitch to do?

Assignable keyboard shortcuts and gestures to the tools.

I would like if I press a button on my Wacom pen, it will bring a popup so I can adjust pen thickness.

I would like if I can assign keyboard shortcuts to the tools I use most.

I would like implementation of gestures. Wouldn't it be cool to pinch to resize? Better than dragging that corner! Or rotate gesture to rotate the entire canvas?

Also... what about a highlighter tool? Would be nice to have rather than having to change the color, opacity, and pen thickness each time I feel like highlighting something.

I think a rotation tool would be useful as well as resizing of that selection of a snap, rather than being able to resize or rotate the whole snap.

Skitch is a great program, I use it to create drawings based on pictures I have taken, which I then wipe leaving just the drawing, usually with a transparent background. One of the things I have noticed is that there may be a bug or memory hole of some sort that occurs when using the draw tool and then the fill tool to create areas of solid color or same color fill: the application will suddenly become very slow and begin having spinning balls, which sometimes resolve but often result in a crash, where all work is lost. I realize I am using Skitch in a way other than its intended purpose, however it is the best simple drawing program that also uses vector tools. Emphasis on simple!

The pen tool is EXCELLENT when used with a Wacom tablet. There is nothing like it for its beautiful lines and simplicity.

I think Skitch could be enhanced with gradation effects on the color fill. It could use at least one layer so that more than one image could be snapped and annotated at a time; either over lapping or side by side snaps. A sort of "do this then do this" with arrows between the two images.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love spell check!

I annotate images that I send to clients on a daily basis, it would be great to see a squiggly line under questionable words. I end up typing the text in an email to spell check before sending, would love to skip this step.

Skitch is awesome, thanks

I use Evernote to create and store my session plans for soccer practices and I've been using skitch to draw the diagrams for the different drills. There is a lot of paid software out there for doing this but, in my opinion Skitch is the best product I've used for this task. What would make it even better is if there was a way to bend an arrow. Either a separate bent arrow button or by being able to click on the middle of a straight arrow and dragging it to create a bend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

apart from the return to a lot of SKITCH 1.x features I would like to

have a command like eg cmd-alt-C in Preview to adjust image brightness contrast etc. it doesn't need to be as elaborate as in preview actually, but it wouldn't hurt...

I find myself commenting a lot on screengrabs froom quicktimes / or fotos taken on location... sometime when commenting or when dragging to mail you realize its pretty dark / hard to see the detail you are interested in... right now I have to precess the image elsewhere, copy all the annotations paste them over the newly grabbed image... :-( a bit complicated !

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Be Able To Unlink a Skitch Created Note from EverNote

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the way Skitch now uses the EverNote cloud, this is great.

But, in practice it's not ideal.

For example if I use the iPhone4s camera to create a few Skitch iOS notes then those documents will be huge, a few MB at least.

Then when I use the Skitch iOS note browser on the iPhone or a different device it wants to re-download the files, which can take many minutes, depending on how many there are.

Alternatively the screen grabs I have taken with Skitch are fairly light files compared and refesh/render quickly.

It's not necessary to have every document ever created with Skitch accessible via Skitch. You will want to acccess some there, but not all of them - that's what EverNote is for :)

We need to be able to un-attach Skitch documents from EverNote (and make them writeable again) so that Skitch iOS does not become overloaded with heavy files.

-- Maybe it's just a short term limitation of Skitch iOS, the EverNote iOS client seems to work ok with these larger files, and render thumbnails quickly. My early tests seem to be downlaoding the whole 5+MB file and the progress circle is going for ages..

Archived