(Archived) How to remove the clipping icon in Safari (Lion)?

gewappnet

Idea

This damn Evernote icon in Safari is appearing every time I open Safari 5.1. I tried:

- Selecting / de-selecting the option in the settings of the Evernote app

- Manually removing the icon in Safari

- Uninstalling Evernote (inkl. all plist files and folders in Library)

Still, every time I open Safari 5.1, the Evernote icon is there again. I am really not interested in Evernote at all and I deeply regret trying out this software. But please, please help me to get rid off this f*ing icon!

6 replies to this idea

I've just removed it using View/Customize Toolbar… in Safari. I dragged the icon out of the toolbar. It disappeared. I restarted Safari, and it's still gone.

No, that was what I meant with my second point in the list. Didn't work.

Are these buttons in Safari hidden files somewhere, that I could delete manually?

I'm afraid I don't know - maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along soon. I don't know why removing the icon through the Safari menu isn't working for you - I didn't need to do anything fancy at all to remove the icon on my machine.

I don't know why removing the icon through the Safari menu isn't working for you - I didn't need to do anything fancy at all to remove the icon on my machine.

There is some auto-re-install going on. When I open Safari (after removing the icon in Safari before) it is gone first, but a second later it appears again as the first icon on the left side in the bar. It is also still in the configuration dialog of the Safari toolbar. There must be a way to remove these external buttons in the Safari toolbar completely!

Archived