(Archived) audio playback error, Galaxy Tab 10.1 on 3.1

ateamtja

Evernote works great, some reason however my audio notes will not playback on the Android Galaxy Tab 10.1, it records and if I go on line or on my phone the files play fine but all my work is done on the tablet which I use most. I have tried everything to play the files. Nothing seems to play audio .amr files on the tablet. Seems like the way the files are saved to the tablet device might be off. Not sure but would love to use my tablet audio portion to play back what i am recording when doing notes. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with EverNote V3.1.2. I added added an audio note in wmv format to an existing note that has amr audio on it, then tried to play both files on the Galaxy but was only able to play the wmv file. I got erros trying to play using the Music and Sound Players.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found a player yet? I have the same issue. HTC Evo 4g plays .amr files, Galaxy Tab 10.1 does not.

I am still looking for a way to play the audio notes on my tab as that is what I use most as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Not sure about you guys, but I am using Verizon 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I did record over an hour long lecture, and it played fine. Perhaps its because I once installed winamp (probably came with audio files needed to play) and I uninstalled since it is not working well with the tab, but then again, it might also a factor that I got the Music Beta that I'm in for google music, probably more format support, so yeah.

Not sure about you guys, but I am using Verizon 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I did record over an hour long lecture, and it played fine. Perhaps its because I once installed winamp (probably came with audio files needed to play) and I uninstalled since it is not working well with the tab, but then again, it might also a factor that I got the Music Beta that I'm in for google music, probably more format support, so yeah.

Thanks, I have winamp and Google music, however what I did notice is that my Evo has a voice recorder and the Tab does not. The Evo voice recordings are saved in the .amr format.

Can you tell me what app you use to record the lecture?

• 1 month later...

My Galaxy tab is able to play the audio recorded from Evernote, back in Evernote.

If it is not working for you then send us the logs (with your problem statement in the subject line).

We will investigate it.

Most probably you would need to upgrade your Galaxy Tab's software.

Thanks,

Hemant

Hemant,

Which audio player are you using to play back your audio files? I get an initial audio error and then I'm prompted to select between Google music and audio player, neither of which will support an AMR file. This is with an audio note created on the Galaxy tab.

I'll try to send a log.

Bart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hemant, please help. This ticket should nit be closed. We and many would like a solution. Galaxy tab 10.1, 8,7 are the same software we are not talking about the older normal Galaxy Tab. The issue is on Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the Android 3.1 or 3.2. The amr will not play at all. We would like to use this tool they way it is intented. The error does not allow a error log to even be create so do not ask again. Please have someone there look into this or contact with you contacts the Samsung galaxy people to fix the software. It has to do with the file and the extensions. Hope to see a real solution. Thanks

• Level 5*
Would say 1500 people have viewed this post and climbing. And only 18 post so far. We need more of you to post for a solution so contact evernote and Samsung.I

This is a user forum. Not everyone who reads a post has a way to solve the problem (or do you want people who don't have answers to post anyway?). You should probably file a support inquiry so that the problem is handled by Evernote staff. See the link at the end of my sig.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 8.9 (aoftware is up to date).

When I try to play the audio note, it brings up the included audio player which says that this file isn't supported...

I read in another forum, that Evernote is working on the problem. Are there any news?

• 3 months later...

Solution on my Asus TF300. I downloaded Amazon MP3 player. When I played back my recordings from within Evernote, everything worked fine. It looks like the Amazon MP3 player became the default for .amr files.

• 3 months later...

Archived