(Archived) Request: tags displayed in thumbnails

gustavgi

• Level 5*

Well, sure, you could add tags and increase the space taken up by thumbnails, but that may defeat the purpose of thumbnails and gives short shrift to notes that have more than a couple of tags. That being said, a way to customize either thumbnail or snippet views to include the information that you want could be a good feature.

• Level 5*

Yeah but in my opinion the title of the note and the tags say way more about a note then the first 1,5 sentence. At least if your notes are longer than a couple of paragraphs... So if the first two lines in a thumbnail are set aside for the title, maybe the last two lines could be set aside for tags?

• Level 5*
Yeah but in my opinion the title of the note and the tags say way more about a note then the first 1,5 sentence. At least if your notes are longer than a couple of paragraphs... So if the first two lines in a thumbnail are set aside for the title, maybe the last two lines could be set aside for tags?

The thumbnail view doesn't include any text from the note, just the title. That's the Snippet view that you're talking about, and that view does include tags. The Snippet view uses the full width of the view area, so there's room for a fair number of tags; the Thumbnail view uses less, so those who use long tag names or have a number of tags would lose significant tag information.

Anyways, as I said, way to allow you to select what you want to see (maybe via a custom view) would be a nice addition.

• Level 5*

Ok maybe I'm missing something but I'm on the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and I haven't found any option to switch views and the only way for me to see the tags of a note, that I know, is to first click on the note to get it up full size and then click the title of the note for more info...

• Level 5*

Ha, you busted me: I missed that this is in the Android forum, and was posting about what the Windows client does. It was me that was missing something, and I do apologize for the confusion. I still think that a user-configurable view would be handy, particularly for the devices with smaller screens -- it would make it easier to use what's important to you. That being said, I use the List view on the Windows client almost exclusively.

Archived