(Archived) a new function - encrypt a tag

I need a new function, that is to encrypt a tag.

We have had a method to encrypt text, but I think it not enough.

To encrypt a tag, we could easy add a tag,that had been encrypted, to a note. While when we want to see this we must enter the passwd of the tag.

I want this function because want to write journal in evernote , with it the encrypting will be more easier.

That is an unusual request.

Why would it be easier to write a journal; if you have to (1) encrypt the text and (2) then encrypt the tag?

May be I didn't describe it clearly.

I means :

we can encrypt a tag, that means all the note with this tag will be encrypted.

with that function we can:

1, encrypt a tag with a passwd.

2, If we want to encrypt a note,just add a tag(that tag have been encrypted). And that step we needn't enter a passwd. Just operate normally.

3, Only when we want to see a note which have a encrypted tag we need enter the passwd.

cadmuxe,

I think what you are really saying is not that the tag itself is encrypted, e.g. - "newtag" -> "##!#$$#@", but that any note that bears that tag should be encrypted, yes? In that case you want to be able to mark/flag certain tags as "encrypt notes tagged with this tag automatically", but not actually encrypt the tag itself, yes?

-- roschler

cadmuxe,

I think what you are really saying is not that the tag itself is encrypted, e.g. - "newtag" -> "##!#$$#@", but that any note that bears that tag should be encrypted, yes? In that case you want to be able to mark/flag certain tags as "encrypt notes tagged with this tag automatically", but not actually encrypt the tag itself, yes?

-- roschler

yes, you get it. :)

Thank you for explaining it to others, i am not a English native speaker,so ...

I know encrypting has been discussed a lot on these forums but I think a tag that would set encryption on for a note would be useful or the ability to encrypt a whole note book (which would be better for me).

I know that you can keep notes in a local folder for a method a security but then you lose so many of the features we use Evernote for: availability on any computer and most smartphones, the auto backing up to the cloud and so much more.

I think for many of us, it would work to have a password to enter the program, like Quicken, but have it 'unlock' all the locked notebooks, tags, notes so we can search all of them easily and then lock those encrypted notes that changed before syncing and make the exb 'secure' upon closing.

Archived