(Archived) Pls support Evernote in Lion

yangzhao1988

Idea

13 replies to this idea

Lion is not even out yet. You might want to wait until it's final release, supposedly tomorrow.

Also there's an Evernote update, now 2.3.0, it says "Stability improved under OS X Lion". You might want to update your EN.

Wolf

• Level 5*

Evernote will not officially support an OS/browser until it is released, even then it may be a few days after that before Evernote updates it's app or clipper.

As an example, the Firefox clipper for Mac is not fully featured some weeks after the browser update was released.

So, it's up to you to balance out which is the most important to you - running the latest and greatest OS on the day it comes out (will you just hurry up and release Lion please...) or having a fully functioning Evernote.

• Level 5*

No one said that - they have been working on Lion compatibility and will continue to do so.

But, if you choose to run an OS that Evernote is not supported on then you can I think expect to see issues. I also think that there are bound to be issues when Lion comes out, it seems that there are such a wide variety if use cases for Evernote that not everything can have been/will have been tested.

It's up to the user to balance out what is most important to him, upgrade the OS and risk some Evernote functionality or hold on and wait for an Evernote upgrade in the next few weeks as I think there inevitably will be.

Bought a brand new 11inch MacBook AIR with Lion today. Installed Evernote 2.3 from App Store. Seems like the text engine is behaving very funky. When trying to indent a bullet by hitting tab key doesn't actually work (inserts tab instead of indentation). Also when I go to the menu to try and indent an existing bullet (to create a sub-bullet) by selecting "Increase list level" application freezes and I must force quit. No other apps running and I've got a very vanilla system at this point given I just picked it up. Happy to email the crash report.

Bought a brand new 11inch MacBook AIR with Lion today. Installed Evernote 2.3 from App Store. Seems like the text engine is behaving very funky. When trying to indent a bullet by hitting tab key doesn't actually work (inserts tab instead of indentation). Also when I go to the menu to try and indent an existing bullet (to create a sub-bullet) by selecting "Increase list level" application freezes and I must force quit. No other apps running and I've got a very vanilla system at this point given I just picked it up. Happy to email the crash report.

I can't confirm this. I tried what you described and don't have any problems.

Which is funny, you're right, because my system is an updated one, not a clean install of Lion. One would think that issues occur more likely on my system than on yours.

Wolf

Yeah, and another thing is lack of web clipper for Lion...need to every time copy and paste... and the "clip to evernote" link to the bookmark bar is way to slow...

They sent out an email yesterday regarding this. So they know...

Maybe it's not only about Evernote, it's also about patience...

Wolf

I had this very annoying issue as well after upgrading to Lion. However, I uninstalled Evernote and did a clean install of the new 3.0.0 "Beta", and I don't have this pesky problem any longer it seems.

Archived