(Archived) A way to delete duplicates?

PlaySomeJazz

Hello, everyone! :D

I'm an avid note-writer, so I have tons of notes spread everywhere on Evernote, Google Notebook, my phone, my real notebooks and so on.

I would like to gather all of them into one place (Evernote), but I have a lot of duplicate entries (notes that say pretty much the same thing), in all of my note-holders. Is there a way to detect such duplicates in Evernote, to make it easier to delete them, and gather everything without stuff being repeated all over the place?

Thank you!

Clean them up as you find them.

I started with a lot of imported notes. As I started to (re)organize this dog pile duplicates would surface. Deleted as appropriate.

PS: Don't empty your trash while you are getting started. :D

Evernote is really setup so you can just dump and forget. Having duplicate notes doesn't really bother me and I just delete as I go along. Else it just floats around and if you're mostly text, you won't run into our size limits.

• Level 5
OK, then... so does anybody know how I can achieve this? A software, website, tweak, anything? :D

1.) Try sorting your notes in the List View by Title. Some of the obvious dupes will be visible.

2.) Then try sorting the notes by size.

3.) Also use the search feature for some of the key phrases - use quotation marks.

4.) Be diligent and keep an eye open for possible duplicates while regularly using Evernote.

Evernote is really setup so you can just dump and forget. Having duplicate notes doesn't really bother me and I just delete as I go along. Else it just floats around and if you're mostly text, you won't run into our size limits.

They don't bother me, either. I will take the time, if I realize I have dups to delete them. But I'd rather have two of the same note than none. :?

• 2 years later...

wow! I can't believe there still is no solution to this. Evernote is slower when bloated but Manually searching through thousands of documents for duplicates will take weeks. Since there's no "rules" option for automatic sorting - it's no picnic sorting through hundreds documents scanned into Evernote. I guess it's better than having them in the attic. I don't have to go up those wiggly stairs. 

• Level 5

Actually several solutions have already been listed.

And as you can see a few duplicate notes is not a big deal.

But if you have hundreds of dupes then the problem lies elsewhere, not with Evernote.

Archived