(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.1, Corrections

Xavier_

Why switch back to the old GUI?

How do you mean? For me, the startup screen with the green icons looks no different...

Improving interface was very cool tablet ready gray color look, after update

the main screen shows green 6 icons this is where evernote started with.

Hi tvrman,

I'm assuming you are using a Galaxy Tab 7" device? That specific device does a lot of fancy stuff to make phone apps look great on the device. This is because when that device was released, there were no tablet apps, so they made a design decision to make phone apps look better. What they do is scale everything 50% so the phone apps will fill the screen. This causes serious issues with our tablet UI and there is really no way for us to gracefully work around this problem. If Samsung updates this behavior and lets the device run in a normal mode, then the Evernote app will automatically switch to the new Tablet UI. I wouldn't expect this would happen until they upgrade it to Honeycomb though.

Why switch back to the old GUI?

How do you mean? For me, the startup screen with the green icons looks no different...

Improving interface was very cool tablet ready gray color look, after update

the main screen shows green 6 icons this is where evernote started with.

My bad. I'm thinking in the box, and just referring to my Android phone GUI. I would LOVE a newer interface for that. It's a little, um, flat. It's like getting a newer model car, even if they change the front grille, you know you have the 'latest'. I'm not asking for every update, obviously, there are more important things to make a priority, but once or twice a year would be cool. Aesthetics and maybe some customization would be cool. That is one thing I really envy about Springpad. I love EN, and will not go back to SP, but it is sexy.

Hi tvrman,

I'm assuming you are using a Galaxy Tab 7" device? That specific device does a lot of fancy stuff to make phone apps look great on the device. This is because when that device was released, there were no tablet apps, so they made a design decision to make phone apps look better. What they do is scale everything 50% so the phone apps will fill the screen. This causes serious issues with our tablet UI and there is really no way for us to gracefully work around this problem. If Samsung updates this behavior and lets the device run in a normal mode, then the Evernote app will automatically switch to the new Tablet UI. I wouldn't expect this would happen until they upgrade it to Honeycomb though.

But it was working in betas 1-5, are you saying that we need to revert back to smartphone UI? Given we've just moved to gingerbread, I'd say homeycomb was a remote possibility.

Hi tvrman,

Hi,

Yes its a galaxy tab 7" , thanks for explaining , but like others mentions earlier beta

releases works fine in horizontal view, no scaling issues so far.

please consider it looks very good

thanks

Archived