Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Evernote and I really appreicate the new release for the Android Tablet. The inclusion of bullets was significant for me, but unfortuately, I'm unable to determine how to indent the bullets beyond the first "indentation." Is there a feature that does this or is there a keyboard shortcut to do this?

Thanks!

Someone please answer this! I use bulleted lists a lot, but without multiple levels they are pretty useless. I see you can do it from the website editor, so I am hoping we are missing something. Pressing the tab button on my tablets keyboard does nothing.

I would also appreciate this functionality. I use this application largely for tablet notetaking in class. The use of the tab key with a keyboard drags the focus to options in the lower bar or elsewhere, and my accidental use of this sometimes results in losing unsaved work.

the addition of at least indent, rather than both indent and unindent, might serve to satisfy most users. This would save me some anxiety from losing physio notes.

Thanks for the great app!

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Evernote and I really appreicate the new release for the Android Tablet. The inclusion of bullets was significant for me, but unfortuately, I'm unable to determine how to indent the bullets beyond the first "indentation." Is there a feature that does this or is there a keyboard shortcut to do this?

Thanks!

+1 for this.

1. I use bullets

a. All the time

b. and in nearly every note

• 3 weeks later...

I would be satisfied if the android app could just preserve bullet indentation created in the desktop version.

The ability to create indentations in android would be icing on the cake.

I created an indentation organized task list with checkboxes in the desktop browser version of Evernote.

When I loaded the note on my android phone, the list looked properly indented and I could check the checkboxes- in view (not edit) mode which is probably a bug, when I edited the note to actually check the boxes for real so they'd sync with Evernote database- all the indentations disappeared.

I want to second what roger said. If you go into a note that has nicely formatted bullets from something you did on the desktop and attempt to edit, all your outline / indentions are lost. :shock: This makes using Evernote really tough and questionable.

I didn't even realize indenting additional levels on the Android was an issue - mainly as I've been too mad after loosing my formatting.

This needs to be a high-priority fix, I think it would be a huge win for Evernote.

Thanks for noting, xdelplanque.

Please also note the other focus of this thread; that on the Android you also cannot create a multi-leveled outline. That's a big issue and really limits usability. :D Hoping you can fix and / or add that also.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

> I would be satisfied if the android app could just preserve bullet indentation created in the desktop version.

> The ability to create indentations in android would be icing on the cake.

Yes, what roger said. Hopefully, this is a pretty easy bug to fix in the next release? It makes the Android version of this app much, much less usable for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread, I thought add to this that in addition to multi-level indentation for bullets, this should also be available for numbered lists, checklists, and plain text (indenting paragraphs is really important).

I also concur that it should be possible to have a bulletted/numbered list which is not indented.

Thanks.

I have been wondering about this function as well. It seems that even the desktop version on my Mac does not allow indented bullets. For the time being, I use Option+Tab to indent the text. The bullet remains flush, but at least it helps me visually organize the text the way it was intended. Cheap fix for the time being. Evernote, you are going to lose more business to ScatterBrain if you don't address these "simple" issues.

I have been wondering about this function as well. It seems that even the desktop version on my Mac does not allow indented bullets. For the time being, I use Option+Tab to indent the text. The bullet remains flush, but at least it helps me visually organize the text the way it was intended. Cheap fix for the time being. Evernote, you are going to lose more business to ScatterBrain if you don't address these "simple" issues.

To indent: Control + M

To un-indent: Control + Shift + M

These are the shortcuts for Windows. Try them on your Mac.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 this has been an issue for months and the developer team doesn't really seem to care to give any info on when they are planning to fix it.

Everybody can understand if you're having trouble fixing it, some bugs are just nasty. But don't try to fool your users, ignoring it and promising that you will fix it and then not fixing it for months will scare off your users... at least be decent enough to admit that it will take another couple of weeks instead of saying that you 'will fix it' and giving no further info although it's upsetting many many android users.

I am really angry and frustrated because of this since it almost renders Evernote useless. When I'm not around a computer I have to create extra notes just to add their content to ones I initially wanted to edit later on. And usually when you have the best ideas you're not around your computer...

1) If this is going on much longer I will look for a product besides Evernote... just sayin' that I'm probably not the only one thinking like this...

2) Treat your users with respect or you will loose theirs.

3) I'm not disrespecting your work, I love Evernote, I'm just very unhappy with your approach to this issue!

+1

I had an iPad for a year and it could do this... I have a nice keyboard case to take notes during meetings and would/did use many many tiers of indentation. Please fix as a paid member im highly disappointed the bullet point feature was released in shambles.

Thank you

We fixed this issue in the last release (3.4.1).

Notes containing indented list will be editable with the "element editor" which enables you to edit the text on each bullet and preserves your styling.

Supporting the editing and the creation of indented list in the note editor is on the wish list but need further technical investigation.

@Xdelplanque

Do you have an ETA for this feature? I'd be willing to beta test because this is such an important feature. Feel my tab is a waste in meetings I end up taking it and a standard notepad than scan notes to my account for indexation.

Please let us know when we could expect to see the creation of lists indent/ubindent from android itself.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

If we get this indented bullets working. Please try to make it so it's "tab" for indent and then if you press "enter" twice then it goes back to the first level of indent like how Microsoft Office has it. I found that way is really convenient for doing notes in school.

• 2 years later...

You can indent bullets on the android app. Once you create a bullet, slide the text editing menu further to the left and you'll see two more icons. Outdent (to left side/margin) and Indent (to right side/margin in preset increments. Those icons will not come up until a line of text is made into a bullet.

I know, I'm note explaining this well... Just play with the bullets and you should be able to see what mean.

• 10 months later...

I just double checked and my they're working fine on my Android app. Would you mind describing exactly what you're doing when trying to use these functions? I'm wondering if perhaps there's a language barrier issue here, rather than a technical one.

Those indent and outdent buttons are disabled here. It's been 4 years since this thread was started, so I guess they're just not going to support that functionality on Android :-(

https://flic.kr/p/vtfKcD

Archived