(Archived) Tag Cloud for Evernote?

• Level 5*

You can create a simple 'hierarchy' by dragging one tag onto another - but note this won't help you with searches as the search algorithm doesn't recognise inheritance.

Ya, I'm guessing you didn't know you can "stack" tags? That's what I do. For instance I have a top tag named "people" and then a list of peoples names (that are tags) under that. Keep in mind you don't even have to use the tag "people", it can exist only for the purposed of organizing your tags into hierarchies. Like metro said, just drag the tags onto each other and you'll see what we are talking about.

The ideas discussed in this thread are great ones. EN could also improve the tagging process simply by allowing the Tag assignment dialog box to be re-sized or at least be made larger. Scrolling through the tags is a pain.

I am new here, though I have had an account for 2 years. Does EN monitor these posts so that suggestions, such as those being discussed here get picked up by them?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
The ideas discussed in this thread are great ones. EN could also improve the tagging process simply by allowing the Tag assignment dialog box to be re-sized or at least be made larger. Scrolling through the tags is a pain.

FYI -- the Tag Assignment box is currently only implemented in the Windows client, so far as I know. There have been suggestions to have the Tag Assignment tag list actually reflect the tree that we see in the Tag List. The dialog doe allow you to navigate the list by typing tag prefixes; for example, if I type 'dev' I get to 'Development', skipping 'Debugging', say. There is a timer built in, so that if you've not typed anything within a certain time period, typing a new character starts the navigation over; e.g., if I type 'de', then pause, and then type 'b', it will skip to 'Books'.

I am new here, though I have had an account for 2 years. Does EN monitor these posts so that suggestions, such as those being discussed here get picked up by them?

So far as I can tell, they monitor every post, but do not always reply to each one.

• 1 year later...

Hi, the idea of an Evernote tag cloud for me was to be able to view all tags in a cloud where the text is bigger for tags that are used more often (like on wordpress or diigo)

Thanks if you know of one. Regards

Hi, the idea of an Evernote tag cloud for me was to be able to view all tags in a cloud where the text is bigger for tags that are used more often (like on wordpress or diigo)

Thanks if you know of one. Regards

Please search the board on Tag Hunter/Bitqwik. Tag hunter is a subset of Bitqwik & has a tag cloud. I think it's Windows only, though.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/29611-free-utility-tag-hunter-intelligent-tag-search-for-power-tag-users/

• 7 months later...

Archived