(Archived) Evernote for MacOS 2.2.2 Beta

dlu

Idea

Hello People of Evernote,

Well, more specifically, People of Evernote for Mac. We have a new beta for you all to play with. It's a collection of bug fixes to make your lives better. We're also sadly announcing that there will be no ongoing feature upgrades for MacOS 10.5.

If you've enabled Beta updates then go ahead and hit "Check For Updates..." from the "Help" menu or visit http://s.evernote.com/mac2preview

16 replies to this idea

Hello People of Evernote,

Well, more specifically, People of Evernote for Mac. We have a new beta for you all to play with. It's a collection of bug fixes to make your lives better. We're also sadly announcing that there will be no ongoing feature upgrades for MacOS 10.5.

If you've enabled Beta updates then go ahead and hit "Check For Updates..." from the "Help" menu or visit http://s.evernote.com/mac2preview

If Apple updates Mac X OS 10.5, will it be necessary for Evernote do some kind of upgrading? Or would any current or new issues be folded into future releases of 2.2.2?

(I have read that an update from Apple is likely and could happen, because - followed by numerous geeky words.)

Thanks~

Forgive me when I say “duh, its a bug” . It used to work, now it doesn’t. And since it doesn’t work on two machines, I kind of suspect its something to do with the database. Considering I’m trying to encrypt data, I’m not sure I’d be willing to provide it for testing although I could delete the notes I don’t want seen. If the engineers want this, I might oblige. Or if an export/import process might work, I’d try that if asked.

• Level 5*

It's a bug

May be, but it doesn't seem so apply to all users.

So that fact may help the Evernote developers identify the cause.

Yeah, they know - but thanks anyway.

• Level 5*
Just upgraded to Version 2.2.2 Beta 1 (155744). Still can’t encrypt notes.

It's a bug

I have the same problem with a ticket open and they asked for (and I supplied) a video of it happening (or not happening) yesterday.
  • Level 5*
Just upgraded to Version 2.2.2 Beta 1 (155744). Still can’t encrypt notes.

It may be related to your Mac and/or Evernote setup. I can encrypt text fine on this Beta without any problems.

If you haven't already, you may want to submit an Evernote Support Case so they can analyze your Activity Log and specific environment.

I'm running:

EN Mac 2.2.2 Beta 1 (155744)

Mac OS X 10.6.7

• Level 5*
It's fairly standard practice for a software company to push a new release with the advice that it contains bug fixes and without providing any more detail..

I'm not sure that there is any "standard".

Many software companies do publish the list of fixed bugs.

Regardless, when Evernote releases a Beta version and would like end-user help in testing it., it would be beneficial to both the end-users and Evernote to have all of the changes listed (bug fixes and new features).

• Level 5*

It's fairly standard practice for a software company to push a new release with the advice that it contains bug fixes and without providing any more detail.

Apple did pretty much this today with 10.6.8.

An actual list? I guess we can't ever fake a release and just say "Stuff's been done!"

Most of what we did is cleaning up and maintenance, so those don't fix any particular bugs, but should help the application run smoother & quicker. These should mainly affect the trunk area. One explicit thing we did was with links. Before some longer, funkier links would cause an error.

• Level 5*
We have a new beta for you all to play with. It's a collection of bug fixes to make your lives better.

Great! Glad to here this.

Can you please give us a list of the bug fixes so we know what to test and look for?

Thanks.

At some point I found Searching Korean text in Image file in Evernote Mac/Windows has broken. I remember since you optimize local database, because I can search Korean text very well in my web interface. Therefore its not failure due to recognition or Evernote backend issue. Please kindly look it up? Its desperate problem but it's never fixed, Please remember my annual premium period count ticking at this moment!

Archived