Sign in to follow this  
douglerner

mac (Archived) Attachments vs dragging a file to a notebook

If I drag a PDF file to a notebook it creates a new note with the PDF in it.

If I create a new note and click the attachment icon, I can add the PDF and it looks like the same thing. Is it the same thing? Or are the notes created both ways different?

Also, how do I get my PDF out of a note?! The only way I've found so far is to do some work-around like printing the note and saving as PDF. Is that the only way?

Thanks,

doug

It's the same thing - the attachment icon allows you to add multiple files to the same note without creating a new one each time.

You can drag the PDF out to your desktop or anywhere in Finder - just click, hold and drag.

You can also right-click on the pdf in the note and "Save As..." or open it in another app (e.g. Preview) and "Save As..." from there.

It's the same thing - the attachment icon allows you to add multiple files to the same note without creating a new one each time.

You can drag the PDF out to your desktop or anywhere in Finder - just click, hold and drag.

I really don't see how to do this... If I click hold and drag, the "ghosted" item drags as if it were a PDF, but when I drop it on the desktop it becomes a note file (.enex). What am I missing? Using the latest version...

Thanks.

Make sure you are grabbing just the attachment...

My setup was defaulting to viewing the PDFs inline, so I had to click View as Attachment, and then it worked. Was not clear about that, but I'm all set. Thanks.