(Archived) Export note - how to sort?

MediaMan09

When I use Export Notes, and select "Export to a single HTM Web Page" , it works perfectly.EXCEPT that the sort order is out of whack. It appears to be sorted by Create Date, which not useful at all. Is there a way to sort it by Title?

When you export a notebook by right-clicking and choosing Export, the notes will always be sorted by creation date.

When you export notes from the note list by selecting multiple notes in the list and then right-clicking and choosing Export, the notes will be exported in the same sort order in which they appear in the note list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Max

• 1 year later...

When you export a notebook by right-clicking and choosing Export, the notes will always be sorted by creation date.

No, it's not. It appear randomly. Why?

When you export notes from the note list by selecting multiple notes in the list and then right-clicking and choosing Export, the notes will be exported in the same sort order in which they appear in the note list.

No, it's not. It appear follow the chosing sequence. Why?

• 1 year later...

I'm also wondering about the ability to order the document upon export. I would like to order my documents based on their title - and to have this order to be reflected in the generated index.html page.

Also, I would like the tags to be present in the exported data as well.

• Level 5*

I'm also wondering about the ability to order the document upon export. I would like to order my documents based on their title - and to have this order to be reflected in the generated index.html page.

In the Windows client, I picked a notebook, and ordered the note view by title. I then exported as multiple HTML files, and on the Options page, I checked all of the available checkboxes, including Tags. In the index.html page, the notes appeared in the correct order. Each notes tags were presented in the appropriate HTML page.

In the Windows client, I picked a notebook, and ordered the note view by title. I then exported as multiple HTML files, and on the Options page, I checked all of the available checkboxes, including Tags. In the index.html page, the notes appeared in the correct order. Each notes tags were presented in the appropriate HTML page.

Whow, that's a pretty hidden feature. Thanks for spotting that. The order is now correct. However, using a Mac the option to include tags is not present. Any ideas on that?

Archived